Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdosing a 6910

Hey everyone,

I have to start by saying that this forum is AMAZING. I have only just joined but have been reading up tips on here for weeks!

I have only had my 6910 for a month and am really pleased with the shots that I am getting. However I was reading that many people leave a 5-8mm gap at the top of the basket after tamping - some even tamping right to the stainless steel line on the tamper. I have been filling to just 3mm or so from the top - I think the handle only just goes on! I have never had a problem with it sealing. Should I be adjusting my dose? Are there any problems associated with filling so high?

Thanks in advance! ;D

Re: Overdosing a 6910

Welcome.
    If its working for you dont change anything.
    I think the SUnbeam likes being updosed.
    I have more trouble when I underdose.

Comment

On my Silvia when the dose is correct I have the screw impression in the puck from the shower screen, if I underdose her I tend to get a faster flowing shot which is not desirable.

Comment

hi matt i am the same as you = about 3mm - = tight on fit... clear impression of showescreen.

problem: if 2 high then water soakage through puck can be inconsistent due to water not expanding puck onto screen. this means you end up with a dry puck (you shouldnt), and a under flavoured shot.

solution - dose less.

but yes the 6910 loves to be dosed up!

Comment

I belive that Paul Basset (WBC champ who helped with the design of the EM6910) is a fan of updosing so you cant be too far off the mark.

I have read different reports about the Silvia though. Some people claim better results through underdosing!

Comment

Thanks everyone - very helpful as I knew you all would be! I havent had a problem with a dry puck so I think I will stick with what I am doing - maybe just slightly less.

Comment

Working...
            X