Machine upgrade soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine upgrade soon

Hi guys, I am thinking of upgrading my coffee machine so I can get the most out of my new Rocky grinder. I currently have a Sunbeam EM5400B (looks like the current model EM4800C), quite a simple machine. After doing some reading on this forum It seems that the Rancillio Silvia is quite popular. The Sunbeam EM6910 also gets mentioned a bit too.  Another machine that has caught my eye is the Vibiemme Domobar http://www.espressocompany.com.au/vibiemme-domobar.htm.

I have seen this on too different website that quote different depth dimensions for this machine. One website says it is 52cm deep and another (the link above) says 42cm. Which one is correct? I need to know because if it is 52cm deep then ill probably have to take it off my list.

Thanks.

Re: Machine upgrade soon

Originally posted by MarkC77 link=1200917294/0#0 date=1200917294
    Hi guys, I am thinking of upgrading my coffee machine so I can get the most out of my new Rocky grinder. I currently have a Sunbeam EM5400B (looks like the current model EM4800C), quite a simple machine. After doing some reading on this forum It seems that the Rancillio Silvia is quite popular. The Sunbeam EM6910 also gets mentioned a bit too.  Another machine that has caught my eye is the Vibiemme Domobar http://www.espressocompany.com.au/vibiemme-domobar.htm.

I have seen this on too different website that quote different depth dimensions for this machine. One website says it is 52cm deep and another (the link above) says 42cm.  Which one is correct?  I need to know because if it is 52cm deep then ill probably have to take it off my list.

Thanks.
    Hi Mark- I confirm that the VBM Levetta (aka Vaschetta) is 42 cm deep. There is some confusion and some sites quote the depth of the Domobar Super which is 52cm (if you dont count the Aussie spec handle on the drip tray).

They are a gorgeous machine and we have a few arriving this week and offer special CS pricing.

Feel free to call or drop me a line if I can assist.

Chris

Comment

Gday MarkC,

Cant help on the dimensions, but the machines youve mentioned would be the ones Id be looking at. Not to say there arent others but theyre certainly the most popular. Theres also an ECM Botticelli 2nd hand in the For Sale section at the moment which would be worth considering. Re the Silvia and 6910, have a read through the review on our site if you havent already as that may help you work out which of those two suit you more. If youre a Silvia person then the Botticelli or Vibiemme would be worth thinking about, otherwise forget those if you decide you prefer the 6910.

Greg

Comment

I do like the look and features of the 6910 but it seems that a fair few corners have been cut in the build quality and some parts used. I bet my wife would like the red one though .

The Silvia has such a cult following (my brother in law swears by his) that its hard to go past and the Levetta is apparantely a bit better than the Silvia with a more retro syling that looks good to me.

Ill need to check them out in person.

Originally posted by Greg Pullman link=1200917294/0#2 date=1200917737
        Gday MarkC,

Cant help on the dimensions, but the machines youve mentioned would be the ones Id be looking at. Not to say there arent others but theyre certainly the most popular. Theres also an ECM Botticelli 2nd hand in the For Sale section at the moment which would be worth considering. Re the Silvia and 6910, have a read through the review on our site if you havent already as that may help you work out which of those two suit you more. If youre a Silvia person then the Botticelli or Vibiemme would be worth thinking about, otherwise forget those if you decide you prefer the 6910.

Greg

Comment

Working...
        X