Vibiemme Domobar Levetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibiemme Domobar Levetta

Hi guys I am going to upgrade my machine in the near future and the Vibiemme Domobar Levetta has caught my attention. Just wondering for those people that own this machine, does it take long to warm up to optimal temperature? I was thinking of going the Silvia route but may ski;p past that and go for the Levetta (cant justify the price jump to the next level up).

Thanks.

Re: Vibiemme Domobar Levetta

Originally posted by MarkC77 link=1201040994/0#0 date=1201040994
    Hi guys I am going to upgrade my machine in the near future and the Vibiemme Domobar Levetta has caught my attention. Just wondering for those people that own this machine, does it take long to warm up to optimal temperature? I was thinking of going the Silvia route but may ski;p past that and go for the Levetta (cant justify the price jump to the next level up).

Thanks.
    Hi Mark,

You will find that an ideal warm up for a Levetta (or a Silvia for that matter) is in the order of 30 minutes.

You can squeeze a shot out of either in 15 minutes or perhaps even less, but dont expect a godshot

Chris

Comment

Yeah most machines work best if you let everything come up to temp. Eg, my Minore II takes about 7 minutes to come up to temp, but the only thing that IS up to temp is the boiler. The grouphead certainly isnt etc. 30 mins is minimum I go, but I usually have the timer on at least an hour before playtime.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Ive had my new Domobar Levetta for 3months, and Chris is dead right, 30mins to heat up...unless you are wanting to make hot chocs, chai lattes or other drinks which dont require a shot of coffee.

If all you need is the milk texturing function, you can start that after 15 minutes or less. Im highly tempted to wax lyrical about the performance of these machines, but Ill restrain myself!

All Ill say is Im very, very happy I spent that little extra to buy the VBM.

All the best

Trevorbeans

Comment

Hi Mark,

I certainly agree to all the above, by, all the above.

I tend to leave it warming for a minimum of 30mnis even though, as Chris said, you can squeeze a shot out at around the 15min mark, it just depends how badly you need that first caffeine injection! If I can afford to, I leave it alone for 45min.

Id have to agree with Trevors comment, that I could wax lyrical about this machine, but Ill also restrain myself. :-X

b4b.

Comment

We have just celebrated 40 years of marriage (some have told me two life sentences) and decided a worthwhile gift for such celebration would be an upgrade of our much used, old faithful 5 year old leaking (which would cost as much as worth to fix) Saeco Via Venezia.
            Thanks to Chris of Talk Coffee we are now the owners of a Levetta and a beautiful Pullman tamper. These complement our Rocky Doserless and Gene Cafe also from Chris. We are stoked.
            The service we received from Chris was as always first class and more than one could expect. That is how sponsors look after CS members. We are learning the machine but most impressed so far with the taste of the coffee produced.
            Herbie and the Missus.

Comment

Aww shucks Herbie (and the missus ),

Happy anniversary and I hope that your new machine brings you much pleasure..

The doors of TC are always open for you whenever you are in town!

Chris

Comment

Hello, Im in the market to replace my 10 year old machine. Am I right in assuming this is the machine to look at if youre interested in something 1 step up the ladder from a Silvia, given the e61 group head and larger boiler. Any other suitable options between $800>1300, or is this the one...? Mainly milk based drinks, no more than three shots per session (lattes). Currently own a sunbeam em0480 grinder (almost new). Thanks.

Comment

I also have the Levetta and find it a very good machine. Being a single boiler machine, you cant pull a shot and do the milk at the same time, but as I mainly drink espressos this doesnt bother me. Youll need to wait a short while 30~60 secs before the steam builds up enough for the milk, but it does make a lot of steam. As you know, the boiler is larger than the Silvia.

As for the heat up time, I have mine on a timer so that it is up to temperature when I wake up. The water reservoir has a low water sensor, so if it runs dry, the boiler switches off, so not a problem with the element.

Chris never told me the doors of TC were always open though :-[. Could be something to do with living in Brisbane.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Buschy link=1201040994/0#7 date=1216895263
                    Hello, Im in the market to replace my 10 year old machine. Am I right in assuming this is the machine to look at if youre interested in something 1 step up the ladder from a Silvia, given the e61 group head and larger boiler. Any other suitable options between $800>1300, or is this the one...? Mainly milk based drinks, no more than three shots per session (lattes). Currently own a sunbeam em0480 grinder (almost new). Thanks.
                    Hi Buschy,

I believe that the Vashetta (Levetta) is a fantastic machine and is a terrific option in your price bracket. I use one regularly as my travel machine and love it!

We have a couple more at post Aromafest pricing.

You are most welcome to drop me a line or call if you would like further information.

regards

Chris

PS Phil- the doors are open if you find your way to Melbourne town

Comment

Comment

Mark

I had the same issue only three or four months ago in relation to the Silvia or the VBM. After visiting Chris from Talk Coffee I had no hesitation in going for the VBM. Also the larger tank helps when dealing with more than two coffees and milk based ones.

It takes about 30min, but I let it go 45min. I find everything is at a great temperature then.

It also helps if you buy yourself a automatic timer plug so that you can set it up the night before and its ready for you first thing.

Alan
                        twocups

Comment

I am making the same decision at the moment, Silvia or Levetta.  I have a couple of questions:

1. Does the VBM have better temp stability than a Silvia?  Does the VBM have better stability than a Silvia with a PID modification?

2. What makes the VBM a better single boiler machine than the Silvia?

3. Do the VBM benefits justify the extra cost, or is Silvia better value?

Info that may help guide your answers includes: Ill only be making a couple of coffees each day.  I drink a combination of black coffee and milk coffee.  Ill probably buy a Compak T3.  Quality coffee takes priority over ease of use.  Im planning to start home roasting.

Any answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated  

Comment

Originally posted by alc link=1201040994/0#12 date=1217578148
                            I am making the same decision at the moment, Silvia or Levetta.  I have a couple of questions:

1. Does the VBM have better temp stability than a Silvia?  Does the VBM have better stability than a Silvia with a PID modification?

Info that may help guide your answers includes: Ill only be making a couple of coffees each day.  I drink a combination of black coffee and milk coffee.  Ill probably buy a Compak T3.  Quality coffee takes priority over ease of use.  Im planning to start home roasting.

Any answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated  
                            Hi alc and welcome.

There are many happy owners in both camps here at CS.

Much has been written about the inherent stability of the e-61 group. I have personally owned both, sold the Silvia and have held on to my Levetta as a travel machine. Whether the stability is better than a PID Silvia I am uncertain. Nevertheless, you will find a VBM a very forgiving machine and for mine, it looks better than the Silvia too

With great coffee, a good grinder and most importantly, sound technique, you will get fantastic results.

Look at both in the metal, and then pick both up and finally look at the spec. sheets. The VBM boiler is 2x the size of a silvia boiler. Much more steam and brilliant build quality.

Only an owner can answer that. For mine, its worth every cent!

Hope that helps....

Chris
                            (p.s- we have the combo on special for August)

Comment

Hi alc and welcome,

Originally posted by alc link=1201040994/0#12 date=1217578148

Not sure youre going to get an exact answer on this one unless someone owns both machines and answers, but consider this. The e61 group is almost 5kg of metal. Thats a lot of thermal inertia once its heated up. So running 60mls of water through it is going to have less effect on brew temp than if you had less metal as is the case of the Silvia.

As Chris said, the VBMs boiler is bigger. So you get better temp stability brewing espresso and also more steam power/potential over the Silvia.

I think they do - but I also own the Levetta :-). Ive used Silvias before and I prefer using the VBM over the Silvia. The VBMs build quality is excellent and its weighty so it feels great using it. It also has a huge drip tray over the Siliva. Your best bet would be to find a site sponsor and compare them both side by side. Have fun.

Javabeen.

Comment

Working...
                              X