Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descaling help

Please help!
    Silvia is now about 3 months old and Im guessing its time to descale. Can someone please suggest a descaling routine that is the best to follow. Also any suggestions of which descaler to use and where to buy in Adelaide?
    Thanks ;D

Re: Descaling help

I descaled my Silvia for the first time last night using this:

http://www.venezianocoffee.com.au/equipment/first-pour/product50?pageNum=3

Just follow the instructions on the package. Very straight forward.

Comment

Theres no need to use expensive descalers. Citric Acid, available from your local supermarket, works just fine, and its food safe. Mix 10g per litre, run that through the machine, let it sit in the boiler for a little while, then flush out with clean water until you cant taste any citric acid in the water.

regards,
      Bill

Comment

Thanks. Citric acid sounds like a good idea. Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Bill link=1201648870/0#2 date=1201660798
          Theres no need to use expensive descalers. Citric Acid, available from your local supermarket, works just fine, and its food safe. Mix 10g per litre, run that through the machine, let it sit in the boiler for a little while, then flush out with clean water until you cant taste any citric acid in the water.

regards,
          Bill
          Thanks for the tip Bill I like the food safe approach

Cheers
          DAF

Comment

DAF, get cafetto descaler. Mark Barun at the coffee barun should have some,as well as Simply coffee at Kent town or The perfect cup in the Central market.

Please do not use citric acid - it may be food safe and okay for brass bvoilers but it could still do damage to non brass componentry.

Comment

Thanks lucinda for the heads up, I did not think about the other components, will do

Cheers
              DAF

Comment

Yeah, I reckon its safer just staying away from Citric acid all together as far as boilers go. At least with some of the commercial products, like Caffeto etc, are made for that purpose. Its a good idea especially if you dont know what materials react well/bad with what, and whats in your particular machine.

Comment

Working...
                X