Levetta water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levetta water tank

Hi guys, just curious to see if this is the norm. When there is a few centimetres of water still in the tank, the machines auto cut off kicks in. Wouldnt the boiler still be full with water at this point? If this is the norm, do you guys empty the remaining water before and then re-filling it with fresh water? Also seems like there is a little bit of height clearance for a taller tank, might get an extra 0.5 litres of water in there, anyone look into this?

Re: Levetta water tank

My Expobar also cuts out with a little water in the tank. I think it is just how the sensor is set up in the machine. I believe the Expobar is a weight activated spring switch.

Yes, the boiler should still be full or close to it.

I dont empty the remaining water each time, but I do take the plastic reservoir out every month or so and give it a wash. I use a baby bottle cleaing brush to get to the hard to reach areas in the reservoir.

As for getting more water in, I dont find it a hassle to refill mine. The cup tray lifts off to allow access to the tank, I then just refill from a Brita jug using a funnel. I just make it part of my morning routine and then it is very rare that I actually trip the cut-off in normal use.

Brett.

Comment

I was surprised by the amount of water I seem to go through. I seem to re-fill the tank about 3 - 4 times per week, much more often than my old sunbeam (smaller size tank too). I am being more ritualistic with my new machine though with flushing etc so I guess this adds to the water usage.

Comment

Yep.
        I find that I will probably empty within 2-3 days if I do not fill as part of the routine.

I do a flush when I start. Also flush some to clean the group with a brush afterwards, so it all adds up.

My wife also uses the machine during the day, so it just works better for us if I refill each morning (not that I always remember, but most of the time I do).

Comment

Hi Mark,

The pump in my Levetta cuts out when the water level is at approx. 30% full. The level at which the cut out operates can be altered, but I have not bothered to change it. I make sure the water container is scrubbed in warm soapy water at least weekly, and I like to change the water every 4-5 days.

The reservoir nominally holds 1.7 litres but actually will take about 2 litres if you are happy with the level 1cm below the top of the reservoir.

Trevorbeans

Comment

Thanks guys, it no big deal. I just wanted to make sure it is normal.

Comment

The Levetta is a weight activated spring switch as well.

Adjustment is as simple as opening the hood. Have a look at the mechanism and it we be obvious that you only need to adjust the length of a metal screw which is under the tank support.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for that information Chris...Im not too technical, but if its that simple I might try and change the setting on mine.

I am otherwise sublimely happy with the performance of my Levetta.

Regards

Trevorbeans

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1202350451/0#6 date=1202364444

Adjustment is as simple as opening the hood. Have a look at the mechanism and it we be obvious that you only need to adjust the length of a metal screw which is under the tank support.

Chris
                  Im guessing its a matter of turning the centre bolt so that the tank support goes a bit lower? I would have tried it myself but I dont have the right size allen key.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkC77 link=1202350451/0#8 date=1202538736
                    Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1202350451/0#6 date=1202364444

Chris
                    Im guessing its a matter of turning the centre bolt so that the tank support goes a bit lower?  I would have tried it myself but I dont have the right size allen key.

Thats correct Mark,

A little experimentation should give you a longer bolt and therefore less water left in the tank when the auto cutout trips...

regards

Chris

Comment

My auto cutout kicks in when theres about 2cm of water left, which just covers the little filter thats attached to the hose that feeds the pump. Im guessing its not a good idea to go any lower.

Also, I need to refill my tank every day. I go through a fair bit of water, flushing, cleaning, backflushing at the end of the day. I also use filtered Brita water jug to avoid having to descale. The refill is no drama, I just accept it for what it is, part of the routine.

Oh, I love my Levetta. It rocks!

Javabeen.

Comment

Originally posted by javabeen link=1202350451/0#10 date=1202895944
                        My auto cutout kicks in when theres about 2cm of water left, which just covers the little filter thats attached to the hose that feeds the pump. Im guessing its not a good idea to go any lower.

Also, I need to refill my tank every day. I go through a fair bit of water, flushing, cleaning, backflushing at the end of the day. I also use filtered Brita water jug to avoid having to descale. The refill is no drama, I just accept it for what it is, part of the routine.

Oh, I love my Levetta. It rocks!

Javabeen.
                        Mine cuts out earlier than this. I may adjust mine so that it cuts-out like on your machine.
                        Yeah its a nice machine, my wife says she has never seen me look after something as much as the Levetta. I am always polishing it up to keep it looking schmick

Comment

Working...
                        X