Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wega Mini Nova VS Silvia

I have been offered a Wega Mini Nova for $850
    Would this be better than buying a Silvia?
    What would be the best one out of these two?

Ghost

Re: Wega Mini Nova VS Silvia

Ghost,

A Wega Mini Nova is a full HX machine where as the Silvia is a single boiler...

The Mini Nova costs 3 times as much - so you would expect - and get - a lot more than the Silvia can offer..... including texturing and extracting at the same time....

The Wega is a prosumer.... the Silvia one of the best domestic machines....

So pretty much a lay down misere I would have thought!!! The only assumption being that the Wega has been well maintained.

Comment

Its basically New.
      The person who owns it also runs a coffee shop, and uses a 3 group Syynesso every day,
      so this sits at home in the cupboard. Is it worth the $850?
      This will also be My first Coffee Machine...
      either this or a silvia

Comment

Well new they are well over $2000.... (they belong in the "pointy end" category)

So Ill pay you $1000 for the Wega..... and you can buy the Silvia (just joking by the way)....

No comparison...... they are a far better machine!!

Comment

Yeah GWW,
          Its a no-brainer - WEGA fo sho! Especially with the price rises with the new batch of Silvias, its gotta be a goer.

Comment

Definitely the Wega. You are comparing a cafe level machine vs a home machine so I dont think theres any comparison there.

Comment

The shop I buy my beans from runs a Synesso they also sell new mininovas, If I remember correctly their price is $2040.00. The price offered to you looks good.
              I dont know if Wega Mininovas have any issues but they look to be interesting beasts with squared boiler and 2 HXs, you may find it can also be plumbed in. No comparison between Silvia and Mininova but if you find you dont like the Mininova I will swap ;D

Comment

Yup, any chance that you can get more than one?

Comment

hey hey put me down for one too if hes got three in the cupboard! ;D

Comment

what about ME?   ;D  ;D  ;D
                    Please sir, can i have some more...

Comment

Well,
                      I went in this morning at 7:30am, and found it had gone the night before at 4pm. Wasnt very happy at all, but as the saying goes,
                      "The early bird catches the worm"

Actually was very unhappy all day, and still not very happy.

The people that I came into contact with today that gave me trouble, fopund out that i wansnt in a very good mood also..lol

Ghost

Comment

Actually I saw one on Ebay recently that went for $750 with no bids.

Comment

Actually I saw one on Ebay recently that went for $750 with no bids
                          That particular Mininova which also included a Lux grinder went for $1200.00, bidding really took off in the last half hour.

Comment

Working...
                          X