Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Repairer for old La Cimbali?

Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a sydney (ideally north) repairer/ shop that could have a look at my old La Cimbali Domus. A few things MAY need work, in particular:
    - it could use a new steam wand (the old one has a single huge hole, i want a much smaller one)
    - Pump could be dying?- It doesnt seem to be getting up to pressure (using a very coarse grind for the standard extraction times, not getting much crema with a large variety of beans tho not sure about the cause of this one)

The sad thing is that i am a mechanical engineer so should really do it myself, but just dont want to destroy the thing...  May even have to write it off but would be nice to hear that from someone who knows what theyre talking about.

Thanks
    Paul
    PS- Any site sponsors feel free to recommend yourself, would be more than happy to go with someone who clearly cares about the final product

Re: Sydney Repairer for old La Cimbali?

Originally posted by paul d link=1209427407/0#0 date=1209427407
    Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a sydney (ideally north) repairer/ shop that could have a look at my old La Cimbali Domus. A few things MAY need work, in particular:
    - it could use a new steam wand (the old one has a single huge hole, i want a much smaller one)
    - Pump could be dying?- It doesnt seem to be getting up to pressure (using a very coarse grind for the standard extraction times, not getting much crema with a large variety of beans tho not sure about the cause of this one)

The sad thing is that i am a mechanical engineer so should really do it myself, but just dont want to destroy the thing...  May even have to write it off but would be nice to hear that from someone who knows what theyre talking about.

Thanks
    Paul
    PS- Any site sponsors feel free to recommend yourself, would be more than happy to go with someone who clearly cares about the final product
    Hi Paul,

<<<<<<<<< Why not give Renzo @ DiBartoli a try..

Good luck!

Chris

Comment

Re: Sydney Repairer for old La Cimbali?

Cheers Chris,
      Have sent them an email.

Comment

Working...
      X