Gurgling / Squeaking EM6910

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gurgling / Squeaking EM6910

Had the EM6910 for a month now - v happy so far.
    But when I turn it on its just started to make gurgling/squeaking noises and water goes into the drip tray from the overflow thingy at the back. Only does this for a few seconds and then quiet as a mouse.
    Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

All best

J

Re: Gurgling / Squeaking EM6910

Normal on mine...

Comment

AFAIK its normal, everyone I know with this machine says it makes that noise whilst warming up.

Strange thing is my old one didnt make the noise immediately after buying, it took a few weeks before I noticed it.

John

Comment

Originally posted by itsme5k link=1209511569/0#2 date=1209519166
        AFAIK its normal, everyone I know with this machine says it makes that noise whilst warming up.

Strange thing is my old one didnt make the noise immediately after buying, it took a few weeks before I noticed it.

John
        Yes, same with me, thats why I thought it a bit strange

j

Comment

When I called sunbeam and had the lady listen to the noises she says its not meant to be like that and told me to pick up a new one.

The next 2 had the same sound so Im assuming its normal. Doesnt seem to affect brewing.

sometimes steam shoots out the drip tray! Looks really funky....

I wouldnt worry too much....

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin1 link=1209511569/0#4 date=1209537940
            When I called sunbeam and had the lady listen to the noises she says its not meant to be like that and told me to pick up a new one.

The next 2 had the same sound so Im assuming its normal. Doesnt seem to affect brewing.

sometimes steam shoots out the drip tray! Looks really funky....

I wouldnt worry too much....
            Youre up to your 3rd Sunbeam?!?

Gee, that kind of quashes the argument that there are only a small % that are faulty doesnt it? Is it that there are in fact faults and people just accept or become accustomed to them? I just dont understand why its OK for a machine to start making noises after youve had it a while.

Comment

I exchanged one machine after another up until my 3rd then I returned it for a refund.

The noises made me question the reliability and quality of the machine.

Comment

Its all just part of the machines start up routine

Comment

Originally posted by 99996sps link=1209511569/0#7 date=1209544524
                  Ah, ok...it just takes a few weeks to get into a routine, and the Sunbeam lady is wrong. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1209511569/0#8 date=1209547292
                    Originally posted by 99996sps link=1209511569/0#7 date=1209544524
                    Ah, ok...it just takes a few weeks to get into a routine, and the Sunbeam lady is wrong. :P
                    I notice it on mine at different times... Cant say much more, other than it has done it from day one :-)

Comment

It depends on whether during the first few weeks you hung around with bated breath waiting for the machine to warm up.

If you did and it was quiet Id understand concern at new noises.

My guess is that it was switched on and left in peace on warm up and no noises were noticed because no one was there to notice.

However if you then happen upon the mchine at just the time it makes the odd puff asd squeek you may think its a new noise.

I hear the 6910 at work make these same startup noises, but not every time because I dont sit and watch it.

"If a Sunbeam hisses in a kitchen and theres no one there to hear it, does it really make a sound?"

Comment

Normal... think its kinda cute actually. :

Comment

normal. since day one.

Comment

Normal with mine as well, it seems to be a purge of some sort.

Comment

Mine is the same and always has been.

Comment

Working...
                              X