Silvia: dealers in Brisbane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia: dealers in Brisbane?

Having read a fair amount here and elsewhere Im drifting towards getting a Silvia.

Ive seen a few old threads on dealers in Brisbane. Does anyone have an update -- whos good, reliable on repairs, gives good advice, good prices (the latter in case I cant find a good used one; budget is tight -- Ive been watching the for sale forum here + ebay)?

The other thing Ive picked up is that I should probably move to Melbourne to get the best range of options. Anyone with a job on offer for someone with a computer science PhD?

Re: Silvia: dealers in Brisbane?

Gday Phil,

Give Barazi of Brisbane a call, link listed at the top of the list on the L/H side of the page. Im sure they sell all sorts of machines, including Silvias, not just Bezzera.....

Cheers mate ,
    Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1209718060/0#1 date=1209719364
      Give Barazi of Brisbane a call, link listed at the top of the list on the L/H side of the page. Im sure they sell all sorts of machines, including Silvias, not just Bezzera.....
      Thanks, Ill give them a try, though their web site is not very informative. Does anyone know The Coffee Centre? They are in Brisbane and include training in the price but the value of this is obviously dependent on how good they are. I can pretty much figure stuff out myself so this is not a critical detail. On the other hand most mail order places warranties are back to base so having local service is appealing even if the initial price is a bit higher.

NON-Sponsor link removed in accordance with CoffeeSnobs Sales and Posting Policy
      Please familiarise yourself with the above Policy. Link here.... http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1115338528

Mal.

Comment

HI Philipmach,

I belive, and correct me if i am wrong, that Coffee Centre is actually Barazi. I think it is their other site, the main one being the Bezzera branded site. I was going to buy from them at the time, but they didnt have any stock. I got a great deal on mine from the brisbane distributors, but I dont belive they gave me very good advice and I dont know what they would be like with repairs (although i think warranty would be fine). That was OK for me though as I had been reading and researching here for a while, and pretty much knew what to do. I found the bloke at Barazi very helpful at the time though, he just didnt have any stock and I was in a hurry. I dont know if i am allowed to say this but the queensland distributor for Racilio is grinders in the valley. Please feel free to edit this mods if i have broken some rules by mentioning their name ( I am not recommending them, but I had heaps of trouble getting ahold of a silvia at the time and it was one of only a few places in the gold coast/brisbane area that I could find that had stock after trying all the site sponsors.)

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBam link=1209718060/0#3 date=1209782763
          I dont know if i am allowed to say this but the queensland distributor for Racilio
          Since this business is also not a Site Sponsor, its not really good form to be giving them free plugs. I still hold with my original advice to contact Barazi of Brisbane.

Originally posted by BamBam link=1209718060/0#3 date=1209782763
          I belive, and correct me if i am wrong, that Coffee Centre is actually Barazi. I think it is their other site, the main one being the Bezzera branded site.
          As far as I know BamBam, these are two entirely separate entities and as such, the NON-Sponsor link is not acceptable..... If Im wrong, no doubt Andy will catch up with this and correct me. All the best,

Mal.

Comment

Hi Mal,

From the yellowpages:
            Barazi Coffee Centre
            2/ 25 Boyland Ave
            Coopers Plains
            QLD, 4108
            Australia

From http://barazi.com.au:
            2/25 Boyland Ave
            Coopers Plains
            QLD

I do belive I was Plugging Barazi and not the other business mentioned. However I tried and tried to use a site sponsor when I bought mine. It was impossible for me because the only sponsor within 100 KM had no stock. As i said, if you want to remove the reference thats fine. I just wanted to help someone avoid the diffuculties that I had when I was trying to source one in the coffee desert of south east Queensland.

Comment

Hi guys,

I think it may be best to lock this one down for the moment and refer it to the mod. team. Please note that no change has been made to any content.

Bottom line is that Barazi are sponsors. If they do operate another website, that "business" is not a sponsor of CS so I *think* its probably still not appropriate to plug a non sponsor as such :-/.

Please bear with the mod team while we debate this and to come to an opinion (hopefully rapidly!)

Cheers

2mcm

Comment

Originally posted by philipmach link=1209718060/0#0 date=1209718060

The other thing Ive picked up is that I should probably move to Melbourne to get the best range of options. Anyone with a job on offer for someone with a computer science PhD?  
                Too cold for you down here Philip although the coffee scene is buzzing.

The sponsor problem was just one of those grey area blurs that happen from time to time when a site-sponsor has a second web address that we didnt know about.

Check-out the silvia on the Barazi Coffee Centre site:
                http://coffeecentre.com.au/Home-Solutions/Traditional-Espresso/Rancilio-Silvia-Full-Training-Included

and we will encourage Barazi to update their sponsor page to better reflect their offerings.
                8-)

Let us know when you get your new toy, there are plenty of members in hte Silvia fan club here so you should get plenty of tips and tricks from the forum on your journey to coffee nirvana.

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks Andy I am glad this has been resolved.

The coffee centre site really should be updated IMO. It is bad form for any site in Australia to be sellling products and taking paymets without clearly stating contact, address and ABN number. In fact I belive it is a requirement from the banks if credit cards are accepted. Also the site is using a shared SSL certificate. Maybe this site is still under development?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBam link=1209718060/0#8 date=1209973930
                    The coffee centre site really should be updated IMO. It is bad form for any site in Australia to be selling products and taking payments without clearly stating contact, address and ABN number. In fact I belive it is a requirement from the banks if credit cards are accepted. Also the site is using a shared SSL certificate. Maybe this site is still under development?

Cheers.
                    Huh. Maybe I should put that computer science PhD to use helping coffee dealers get their Internet act together. Not plugging my services, I hasten to add, I dont run a business.

Meanwhile I now have an Iberital Challenge, Silvia, miscellaneous coffee beans and numerous accessories so all thats left to do is to get the technique right... thanks for all the hints (here plus previous stuff around CS).

Comment

Working...
                    X