Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reassembly of the Silvia grouphead!

Hey all,

I decided yesterday to pull apart the grouphead to give the showerscreen a good clean, etc. Unfortunately I did this with the machine the right way up, and as the brass ring was hot (ie. up to temp), I dropped the assembly and bits went everywhere!!

Once everything had cooled down and was clean, I think ive put it back together correctly, but thought I would double check!!

Ive googled trying to find some pics, but to no avail.

The big brass ring was put in first, so that the grooves match the grooves on the grouphead (ie. sealing that section), then little T shaped guide for the screw was next placed in so the flat side would be touching the showerscreen. Also I can see on the brass ring that there seems to be an indent for the T shaped guide flat side to sit. Then the showerscreen, and then the whole thing screwed down. I noticed that the water must travel through the centre of the brass ring, then through the T shaped guide and then through the little holes in its side, and then to the showerscreen.....interesting!!

If anyone has some pics, or can give some advise to make sure ive put it back together correctly would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Fleery

Re: Reassembly of the Silvia grouphead!

From a bit further reading, the T shaped thing is called the water distrubution valve......and basically I need to know whether the flat side of this faces up towards the cup heating area or down towards the drip tray!!???

Comment

The best pic I can find is this, which doesnt really do it much justice!! Part R402 is the water distubution valve.....
      http://espressoparts2.zoovy.com/cate...2.rancilio.01/

Comment

The group assembly is supposed to be identical to commercial machines so this might be useful:

http://www.coffeeparts.com/rancilio/ran4.html

Comment

Yup, thats how mine is assembled (as per the site JavaB posted). 700347 being the water distributor... I always wondered what it did - it just distributes the water evenly across the shower screen?

Comment

Excellent, thats the way I did put it back together, and it seems to make sense.....pheww, I got away with that one, next time ill turn the machine over!! ;D

Comment

having same problem as fleery. after cleaning rancilio silvias group head and reassembling, WATER NOW SQUIRTS OUT THE SIDE insead of down through the filter! Help!

Comment

Rancilio have good diagrams for download...

http://rancilio.com/rancilio/download_page.jsp?flag=1&id_cat=14&id_language=3

I couldnt figure out what the "brass ring" mentioned by fleery was until I looked at that - something they added with the V2 or V3 Silvia for the pod adapter I guess.

Hi flexinib, welcome to Coffee Snobs - the newer Silvias sound more complex in this area than the old-school one I had (virtually impossible to go wrong just taking off the shower screen). Hopefully the Rancilio diagrams help, if not then provide a bit more description or pics of how youve put it together and Im sure somebody here will figure out the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X