Levetta sufficient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levetta sufficient?

My first question is...where have all the posts in this section gone?  Im only seeing 1 page going back three weeks?

Im after some advice about the necessity of an HX machine.  It would be a couple of years till that could happen...whereas the Levetta might be justifiable much sooner.

Just to let you know my normal daily usage...
    1 x Double flat white in the morning
    2 x Double flat whites in the arvo (made during the same session)
    1 x Double espresso later arvo/evening

There are normally 1 or 2 times a week when I make 4 milk based drinks in one session.
    There is the odd occasion where I might make 5 or 6 (this takes an eternity on my little via venezia as you can imagine)

So...will the Levetta handle this usage easily or will I still suffer significant upgradis?

cheers,

sd

Re: Levetta sufficient?

I think it may struggle with lots of milk based drinks in one session but can be managed with smart use (know its limitations and work within them)
    However it should not pose any problem with normal coffee making use

KK

Comment

Hi smokeydeck,

I upgraded last October frm a Via Venezia, which Id bought 2 years previously, to a VBM Domobar Levetta.

Whilst the Levetta is still a single boiler machine, the two are as different as chalk and cheese! ( V/v boiler I think is about 150ml, Levetta is 700ml ).

I often pull two double shots, one after the other, into pre-heated cups, then steam milk in a 700ml jug and a 600ml jug in very quick time which gives 4 milk coffees. The Levetta is a very powerful steamer, as other owners will attest!!

If I need another one or two milk coffees, I then do one of two things, depending how soon the last one or two need their drinks....1.If urgent- Turn off the steaming switch, then run water through the group for 30-40 secs to cool the E61 group head, then pull another single or double shot and steam milk, or 2.If not in a hurry- Wait for 8 minutes for the group head to cool naturally then proceed with the remaining drink/s.

My pattern of use sounds very much like yours, and I cope quite well, but with the Saeco I felt it was much more of a chore than a pleasure to make multiple milk-based drinks.

If you have other questions re the Levetta, do not hesitate to ask, or you can send me a PM if youd prefer.

BTW Id give Chris at Talk Coffee a call and ask his opinion.

Cheers,

Trevorbeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevorbeans link=1219927453/0#2 date=1219937187
        Hi smokeydeck,

I upgraded last October frm a Via Venezia, which Id bought 2 years previously, to a VBM Domobar Levetta.

Whilst the Levetta is still a single boiler machine, the two are as different as chalk and cheese! ( V/v boiler I think is about 150ml, Levetta is 700ml ).

I often pull two double shots, one after the other, into pre-heated cups, then steam milk in a 700ml jug and a 600ml jug in very quick time which gives 4 milk coffees. The Levetta is a very powerful steamer, as other owners will attest!!

If I need another one or two milk coffees, I then do one of two things, depending how soon the last one or two need their drinks....1.If urgent- Turn off the steaming switch, then run water through the group for 30-40 secs to cool the E61 group head, then pull another single or double shot and steam milk, or 2.If not in a hurry- Wait for 8 minutes for the group head to cool naturally then proceed with the remaining drink/s.

My pattern of use sounds very much like yours, and I cope quite well, but with  the Saeco I felt it was much more of a chore than a pleasure to make multiple milk-based drinks.

If you have other questions re the Levetta, do not hesitate to ask, or you can send me a PM if youd prefer.

BTW Id give Chris at Talk Coffee a call and ask his opinion.

Cheers,

Trevorbeans.
        Hi Trevor- suggest you might like ot have a read of http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1216853079/31#31....Id NEVER let a Levetta sit for 8 min after texturing milk without proiming the boiler.

rgds

Chris

Comment

Hi sd,

In order to reduce temperature quicker for brewing your second set of espressos after steaming the milk, wed normally do the following:

1. After steaming, purge the steam arm and turn it off
          2. Turn on your hot water button and open your steam valve again. When all steam is cleared and water are running through the arm, youd be able to safely go back to extraction mode.

The importer has a good pictorial guide on their web site on how to texture your milk with the Levetta (recently renamed to: "Piccolo Domobar": http://www.espressocompany.com.au/downloads/DomobarUserGuideSteaming.pdf

Youre welcome to drop by our Bondi Junction store to play with the machine and try few milky coffees in a go to see how it works best for you.

Ofra

Comment

Hi Chris and Ofra,

Yes, thanks for reminding me!.

Regards

Trevor

Comment

Upgradis cured.

I just purchased a Levetta from Jetblack Espresso (thanks to Deb for all her help). Couldnt be happier with the results after only 3 days and Im sure theyll only get better.
              Thanks for all the responses and private advice.

Cheers,

sd

Comment

Working...
              X