Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SB EM6910 - When do you start timing the shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB EM6910 - When do you start timing the shot?

My question this time is when do you start timimg the shot? When the pump starts or when you see the pour start comming out of the PF? I hav a EM6910 and it gives 3 shor bursts then pumps continiously.
    Regards
    Very Green bean
    Crisp Image

Re: When do you start timing the shot?

I look at the colour of the coffee coming out more than timing it, dont know if thats the right way or not, but it seems to work

Comment

I start timing from the pump turn on. While Im aiming for the 30 second mark, I stop when the colour fades, and adjust the dose/grind for the next shot.
      Greg

Comment

In a way I dont think timing is realistic, it really depends on the beans from my little experience.
        If the beans are too fresh, its like rushing out..... and then very pale
        I mostly aim about 5sec lag time and then stop when colour fades (mine: 15-30sec).

Comment

Originally posted by Nic link=1220007248/0#3 date=1220017050
          In a way I dont think timing is realistic, it really depends on the beans from my little experience.
          If the beans are too fresh, its like rushing out..... and then very pale
          I mostly aim about 5sec lag time and then stop when colour fades (mine: 15-30sec).
          The timing is a indicator as to if the raw product, your methods (tamping etc) and equipment is all in harmony, however it is also important that the required Volume is reached.

I start from the moment I hit the switch to when I stop the run.

Comment

Re: SB EM6910 - When do you start timing the shot?

Start timing when you turn ON
            But as AM said above the volume of 30 mls is reached in that time

KK

Comment

The reason I wanted to know was to aim for consistsant shots the time value volume combo should be the same each time. The shot should be poured btween 20-30sec from wht I read but the 6910 gives 3 bursts of low pressure water to wet the puck then fires up to full pressure. Anyway thanks for you comments.
              Regards
              Crisp Image

Comment

well if you time all your shots from the same spot (either all from the button-hit, or all from the full-pump), them your timing will be consistent. and whichever one you choose, it should fall in between the 10 second variance you have in your ideal pull time anyway.

id go for the time from button-push, though, as that way it makes it easier to set up when you want to program your button to go for that ideal length of time (which youll then want to re-program when you change beans, probably.)

Comment

Working...
                X