EM6910 3 way valve assembly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 3 way valve assembly?

I pulled out the 3 way valve and forgot to note which way the spring sits in the cup. Does the spring sit in the cup/nut first or does the rubber seal?
    I pulled it out to check it as the machine seems to surge during a pour where the dial goes from about 2 oclock back to 12 oclock and then keeps bouncing between the 2 with the noise varying as well.
    I took it in to get checked by the service agent but they didnt find anything wrong with it using there test basket in the porta filter.

Re: EM6910 3 way valve assembly?

Phoned Sunbeam and got an assembly diagram sent to me. It isnt the 3 way valve but rather an anti drip screw. Anyway it is spring first then blue plunger bit on top.

Comment

Originally posted by repeet link=1220233619/0#1 date=1220428843
      Phoned Sunbeam and got an assembly diagram sent to me.  It isnt the 3 way valve but rather an anti drip screw. Anyway it  is spring first then blue plunger bit on top.
      Care to scan or pass on..

I have a unit that works well for Steam and Coffee, but when I use the Hot water option... 25% of the water comes out the main head... rather than the Hot Water arm...

I can only assume that the same valve might be involved and either faulty, dirty or stuck.

Have done a head clean and any number of other tricks, but no change.

If any one has a some clean step by step instructions as to getting the EM 6910 apart, that would also be great. To Quote Coffee Connoisseurs comment, " Access to the interior involves removing about a dozen screws of various shapes and sizes; its a technicians nightmare" .

Thanks.

Comment

Here is the PDF.

Comment

Thanks,

That may come in handy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Thanx for the manual, very helpfull

Comment

Another CS member sent me this (ausdb) and as it may assist others pulling the Sunbeam EM6910 apart, it is worth having handy.

Comment

That was me :-[
                Sorry I didnt get to take some more with the lid off, wedding related tasks got in the way

Comment

Originally posted by ausdb link=1220233619/0#7 date=1221555076
                  That was me  :-[
                  Sorry I didnt get to take some more with the lid off, wedding related tasks got in the way
                  Thanks AUSdb you did a great job and I am sure others will gain from your efforts... Sorry I posted you work, but I got down to less than 1Meg and I know others would appriciate your efforts.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X