Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silvia Cleaning - Use vs Frequency of Cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia Cleaning - Use vs Frequency of Cleaning?

Hi folks,

I was hoping for a little help on cleaning Silvias.  A search through the forum suggested members have a range of ideas/preferences, but some were difficult to quantify as there wasnt much said on how heavily machines were used.  

At the moment my machine gets used for 2-3 doubles a day.  After every use I flush water through the group head, brush the portafilter gasket and give the shower screen and surrounding areas a wipe-over with paper towel.

I havent back flushed it yet, but see recommendations ranging from water only daily, to Cafetto Espresso Cleaner once a week , to once a month or so.

Id love to hear from you if you have a regime that works for you.  An idea of how much use your machine gets would be great too.

Cheers,
    Greg

Re: Silvia Cleaning - Use vs Frequency of Cleaning

Hi Greg, I usually do about 4-5 doubles a day.
    I backflush once a week with detergent and usually once a day I water flush to keep the group clean, other shots I run water through pf and wipe clean gasket and screen, its amazing how much gunk builds up in there in a short period of time.

Comment

Thanks greenman - any particular sort of detergent?

Originally posted by greenman link=1221633646/0#1 date=1221637421
      Hi Greg, I usually do about 4-5 doubles a day.
      I backflush once a week with detergent and usually once a day I water flush to keep the group clean, other shots I run water through pf and wipe clean gasket and screen, its amazing how much gunk builds up in there in a short period of time.

Comment

I was given 500g when I purchased machine, it has their label on it, but I think it might be cafetto or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by greenman link=1221633646/0#3 date=1221652050
          I was given 500g when I purchased machine, it has their label on it, but I think it might be cafetto or similar.
          Cafetto is the goods - the others arent a touch on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1221633646/0#4 date=1221655458
            Originally posted by greenman link=1221633646/0#3 date=1221652050
            Cafetto is the goods - the others arent a touch on it.  
            Erm- I think you may have forgotten the Bombora product Dennis. Clean Machine is also an outstanding product and certified for organic systems. Either are brilliant choices.

Chris

Comment

Thanks gents - Ill check them out.
              Rgds,
              G.

Comment

Working...
              X