EM6910 Group head seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 Group head seal?

Long shot I know...but would anyone have a spare Group head seal (the blue rubber ring?) for a EM6910 I can buy or replace from you as Sunbeam is out of stock at the moment and Im in desperate need for the Christmas break!!!

Christmas Miracles??????

Thanks!!!!

Re: EM6910 Group head seal?

Happy to be Santas little helper this year. PM sent....

Comment

On its way....

Comment

Hi Flatwhite,  I am looking for one of these for a EM6900, not sure if its the same or not. Do you have a stock? Im happy to pay for it,

All the best
        -=T=-

Comment

turrican welcome to Coffee Snobs.

I think fw was being generous; hes not a supplier AFAIK.

The 6910 seal will fit the 6900.
          Where are you?
          You might have a Sunbeam agent nearby.

Comment

Thanks TG,

Yes, I am not a supplier - although having sold a portafilter and an EM0480 before this, I am starting to feel like one. I happened to have an unused spare from my old machine which I sold to Smitten.
            If anyone needs one, by the way, I have a couple of brand new, unused 6910 drip trays!!

Comment

thanks guys, Ive tried a few suppliers but no-one seems to have any stock at the moment which is little frustrating....miss my espresso!! Guess Ill have to make do with the plunger for a while, either that or buy a 6910, not sure the wife would agree.

Cheers
              -=t=-

Comment

Originally posted by turrican link=1229919561/0#6 date=1230523945
                thanks guys, Ive tried a few suppliers but no-one seems to have any stock at the moment which is little frustrating....miss my espresso!!  Guess Ill have to make do with the plunger for a while, either that or buy a 6910, not sure  the wife would agree.

Cheers
                -=t=-
                Has it split or just leaking ?

If leaking you can cut a spacer and that can get you by for a little while...

Remember if a new seal does not fix it, then there is a good chance your collar will need to be replaced...

Comment

not sure if its split, but its definitley leaking. Ill remove it and take a look. If its the collar do you know how much that is to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1229141920/0#6 date=1229231570
                    If its outside warranty then its a tad expensive.

I managed to see the invoice the agent was charging Sunbeam for my repair.
                    From memory the collar itself was only about $30 but the labour was another $70.
                    So Id say a minimum of $100.

fix (http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=fix) may be able to confirm if this is about the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by 774B564D474651444C47230 link=1229919561/9#9 date=1230533462
                      Originally posted by Thundergod link=1229141920/0#6 date=1229231570
                      If its outside warranty then its a tad expensive.

I managed to see the invoice the agent was charging Sunbeam for my repair.
                      From memory the collar itself was only about $30 but the labour was another $70.
                      So Id say a minimum of $100.

fix (http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=viewprofile;username=fix) may be able to confirm if this is about the right price.
                      Thanks - Ive removed the seal and its split, so looks like thats the problem. Ive called all the suppliers in Sydney area (list supplied by sunbeam) and they have no clue when they expect stock of this item. Called sunbeam and they reckon 2-3 weeks, no happy about that!

-=t=-

Comment

Originally posted by 39383F3F242E2C234D0 link=1229919561/10#10 date=1231888948
                        Thanks - Ive removed the seal and its split, so looks like thats the problem.Ive called all the suppliers in Sydney area (list supplied by sunbeam) and they have no clue when they expect stock of this item.Called sunbeam and they reckon 2-3 weeks, no happy about that!

-=t=-
                        Order 2 of them!

Having a spare is a good idea and they are hopefully not too pricey. Group seals for my machine are less than $6 each.

Comment

Originally posted by 60677264697F59373F3F3F060 link=1229919561/11#11 date=1231890115
                          Originally posted by 39383F3F242E2C234D0 link=1229919561/10#10 date=1231888948
                          Thanks - Ive removed the seal and its split, so looks like thats the problem.Ive called all the suppliers in Sydney area (list supplied by sunbeam) and they have no clue when they expect stock of this item.Called sunbeam and they reckon 2-3 weeks, no happy about that!

-=t=-  
                          Order 2 of them!

Having a spare is a good idea and they are hopefully not too pricey. Group seals for my machine are less than $6 each.
                          I bought one and was surprised how expensive it was. Think it was about $20.

Comment

yep, $20 is correct, I will be buying a couple for sure, dont want to be without the beast for this long ever again.

Comment

Confirmed  ~$20   give or take a few cents...

More than any others that I have previously had, but in addition have only had to change ONE in 18 months...  New Blue type.

I guess cleaning and how hard you lock the PF in and if you leave the PF locked in all the time will have a negative impact...

I have a spare and two on order... Late Jan expected for delivery..

I also have a USED one  that  had about 6 mths use...

So if your desperate PM me and I can send it on...

NOTE: Level of desperation is directly proportional to any Fair Crack donations

Comment

Working...
                              X