Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbling around Silvia grouphead

Hi guys,

I was doing my end of week clean tonight to notice that my Silvia has began to bubble around the group head. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it if you did? Im really quite disapointed as it takes away the beauty of the machine a bit  so am now drinking CS chai to calm the nerves (yum). Im sure Ill get over it but it would be nice to try do something about it.

Ive enclosed a few shots to give you an idea of how it looks

I appreciate any replies

- Alex

Re: Bubbling around Silvia grouphead

Yep after about two years of hard use ours has started to flake away. Not too appealing given the plastic(cy thing) underneath but does not affect usability in the slightest. I do hope it wont reduce the resale value tho.

Ps. Ours is a 2007 model.

Comment

Originally posted by 29372D373B5E0 link=1241173633/0#0 date=1241173633
      I appreciate any replies
      What can we say, except, thats disappointing. I gather this is the new model and under twelve months old, so would suggest you contact the seller and discuss options.

Good luck with it.

(Im curious to know what is under that skin - it might look better without it anyway?)

Comment

It looks like the chrome did not bond in the Electroplating process of the group head during manufacture

KK

Comment

Bugga was semi hoping someone has attempted a DIY fix job or something. For the moment Ive fired a message off to the seller as Im just under the 12 month warranty period but whether this would be covered is another question..

Fingers crossed

Comment

Gday wisie.....

I spose if you were really keen, you could get a sheet-metal shop to fab a new shroud from s/s sheet, polish it up to a mirror finish and then its there for life.... 8-)

After the warranty replacement starts doing the same thing, that is...

Mal.

Comment

Lucky for me the business I bought it off are going to replace the part even though Im out of warranty! Awesome

Comment

mine bubbled too, and then the plastic underneath somehow fractured :/

Comment

Working...
                X