My Sunbeam EM6910 1 Yr Old Today !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sunbeam EM6910 1 Yr Old Today !

Like others, Ive had my share of issues with the machine (even going back to my original EM6900).....but Sunbeams warranty service has always been brilliant (including a replacement EM6910 when past the original 12 month period).

Well as of today, my replacement machine is exactly 1 year old and it got through that 12 month period without a glitch.

Hell, chances are it may die tomorrow, but I just wanted to celebrate a full year of uninterrupted coffee making  

Re: My Sunbeam EM6910 1 Yr Old Today !

Ill drink to that

Cheers,

Comment

Hey Rusty,

Notice EM0480 in your sig......

and congrats HG

Comment

I took the first one back after two days. It ground well at first but then produced coarse rubbish no matter what setting I tried.

The replacement doesnt impress me with the taste of the coffee compared to my dear departed Rocky

I think it will go back after i do the Sunbeam coffee training course on Saturday - unless they convince me Im doing something wrong.

Comment

hmmm not good...

hope the course helps

Comment

Not sure which is better... 6910 lasted 12 mnhs with no issues OR u have resisted ugradeitis!! Good luck and may the caffine force be with u.

Comment

Hello Honest Gaza,

Good to hear yours made it past a year. Now you can do the MOD to yours that I did. The Brass Waste Pipe removal MOD.

Basically the waste pipe burst off the little gray plastic thing at the bottom on the inside. It contains a brass nipple. Mine was clogged and thats why the pipe burst off. I removed the brass section and reattached the hose, made a quick mod the the plastic bit and pushed it back in, and viola. Now the water comes out properly and there is no strain on the internals in getting the pressure released.

Comment

Originally posted by 1037333C1F3D3C39372B520 link=1243404653/6#6 date=1243565187
                Now the water comes out properly and there is no strain on the internals in getting the pressure released.
                When was the last time you gave your machine a chemical back flush?

Comment

Originally posted by 3D3D3D333F36363535500 link=1243404653/5#5 date=1243532369
                  Not sure which is better... 6910 lasted 12 mnhs with no issues OR u have resisted ugradeitis!! Good luck and may the caffine force be with u.
                  Well Ive resisted "upgradeitis", because the coffee that I can produce from a working EM6910 is just how I like it

However, when the inevitable arrives, and the machine goes up into the sky where all good machines must one day go....would I buy another ? :-/

Comment

Originally posted by 4C6E6873747E681B0 link=1243404653/7#7 date=1243568953
                    When was the last time you gave your machine a chemical back flush?  
                    I never used the tablet until the first blockage.  The thing is when I ran the tablet through, I couldnt get proper pressure for the tablet to be effective because of the stupid silicone thing you put in the basket.  Thats when Sunbeam sent me the new O-Ring that fits above the group seal.

I find that now I dont need that seal.  The group seal works fine without it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4067636C4F6D6C69677B020 link=1243404653/9#9 date=1243640192
                      I couldnt get proper pressure for the tablet to be effective because of the stupid silicone thing you put in the basket.
                      Its designed that way.
                      The 6910 isnt built to take a proper blind filter; thats why the insert has a hole in the middle of it.

Comment

The 6910 isnt built to take a proper blind filter; thats why the insert has a hole in the middle of it.
                        Well, mine doesnt have a hole in it, and it shouldnt either.  I still use a proper blind filter cause that is the only way to guarantee that it will get enough pressure to do the cleaning cycle.  It was frothing like a rabid dog using the gray disc and running out of the handle.

Comment

Originally posted by 0027232C0F2D2C29273B420 link=1243404653/11#11 date=1243665642
                          Well, mine doesnt have a hole in it, and it shouldnt either.
                          BeanMonkey every one of them that Ive seen has the hole in it.

AngerManagement are you reading this?
                          Please confirm.

Originally posted by 5C53423A0 link=1218645672/8#8 date=1218840420
                          the machine is not designed to use a blind filter
                          blocking water supply for any extended period may cause internal leaks in the joints

the disc supplied only works with tablets, and doesnt overload the system
                          using the disc you will find some water will escape from the PF
                          The above quote is from a Sunbeam repair agent.

Comment

TG is correct. The EM6910 runs a pressure insert for the single PF...I once tried a true blind and it didnt make very nice noises. The thing cleans just fine with Caffeto and the insert. Mine is now about 2.5 years old and going strong.

As a matter of interest does anyone retain a working EM6900?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 40555C4C405B5B2F0 link=1243404653/13#13 date=1243674924
                              As a matter of interest does anyone retain a working EM6900?
                              The one at work died December 2007, so not this little black duck.

Comment

Working...
                              X