Need New Machine - Got the Worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New Machine - Got the Worst

I purchased the Sunbeam Digital Intuitive and have had nothing but problems. All the reviews I have read state the same. I am wanting to purchase an automatic machine in the $800 range from Myer and want to know if anyone could give me some advice. I am going tomorrow. Thanks.

Re: Need New Machine - Got the Worst

Sorry to hear that, Tash! Theres nothing worse than a dodgy coffee machine.

Im afraid I cant give you much advice on your prospective purchase, but perhaps stay away from anything with a name like "Digital Intuitive" in the future. That would set my alarm bells ringing!

Squirrel

Comment

hehe, thanks Squirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by 4E5B495255403A0 link=1245826437/0#0 date=1245826437
        I am going tomorrow.
        First piece of advice - slow down.

Originally posted by 746173686F7A000 link=1245826437/0#0 date=1245826437
        I am wanting to purchase an automatic machine in the $800 range from Myer and want to know if anyone could give me some advice.
        Ok, now take a deep breath. Tell us a bit about what you want and why youre so keen on an auto. Secondly, tell us why it has to be from Myer.

Grant

Comment

Get a Silvia with me!
          Apparently its one decision in your life youll never regret.

Comment

Tash as many... I mean all here will tell u, if u are after quality then stick clear of autos and get a "semi" this give u control over important elements such as pulling the shot and thr frothing of milk. Having had numerous coffees from autos and semis there is no competition. But as Grant said slow done dont rush in or u will most likely no get what would be best and also tell us what u are after and what u want in your coffees and a machine??

Espresso is an art and IMHO if u are after quick and easy coffee save your money and get some more instant These auto machines can produce ok coffee but not as good as other machines but are natoriously bad for reliability and also quite expensive for something decent

Tash have a look at some of the site sponsors sites to see what is around then go visit some and have a chat. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 514B44320 link=1245826437/4#4 date=1245832086
              Get a Silvia with me!
              Apparently its one decision in your life youll never regret.  
              I second that, cyv.  Had Silvia for almost a month now and, while still learning, it is hugely rewarding.  Go for it!

Squirrel

Comment

One gets the feeling that Tash may be a glutton for punishment

Myer do not sell true coffee machines they sell coffee making appliances

Learn from one bad experience & dont repeat it

You will need to spend just a little more for a trouble free operation
                If you are set on an Automatic machine contact sponsors Cosmorex or Gilkatho and ask about the Jura brand

KK

Comment

I would normally shop around but because I am returning the faulty one to Myer, they said I must have a credit there for $800. I was wanting to do it in a hurry because its my day off today.

Im not that great with the normal coffee machine, thats the reason for the automatic. I either press down too hard or too soft and I muck up the coffee. Also I was wanting an automatic because I make lots of coffee for other people and I get stressed making too many with a normal one.

I will check those brands out KK. Thanks.

With all the problems I have with the automatic one, I will absolutely take your advice and not go for the automatic.

Thanks everyone. I will check back before I go.

Comment

I will check out Silvia too.

Comment

If you are stuck with Myer, then have a look at the sunbeam 6910 and the matching grinder, EM0480 I think it is called.

Quite a few people around here are happy with them.

Good luck

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 594C5E4542572D0 link=1245826437/8#8 date=1245881090
                        I would normally shop around but because I am returning the faulty one to Myer, they said I must have a credit there for $800.
                        Which state do you live in Tash?
                        In NSW that kind of talk is illegal.
                        You as the wronged purchaser have the choice of the three "Rs":
                        - Replacement
                        - Repair
                        - Refund

The choice of which one being entirely up to you.

Check your own state consumer legislation if you dont live in NSW.
                        A lot of them are similar.

And if the law isnt on your side just kick up a stink - I dont imagine Myer want a time poor, upset customer, making a scene.

Comment

Originally posted by 5C495B404752280 link=1245826437/8#8 date=1245881090
                          they said I must have a credit there for $800
                          Originally posted by 7C405D464C4D5A4F474C280 link=1245826437/11#11 date=1245899706
                          that kind of talk is illegal.
                          Certainly is. Theyll try anything on, wont they?

Know your rights and remember the Small Claims Tribunal is free AND they cant bring in Queens Counsel et al (ie. the little guy and the big guy are on equal footings)

Comment

Originally posted by 5D485A414653290 link=1245826437/8#8 date=1245881090
                            I would normally shop around but because I am returning the faulty one to Myer, they said I must have a credit there for $800.  
                            HOLD ON...what Myer are telling you may not be correct.   If  the unit is faulty and you have your receipt, then you are within your rights for a refund.   Check Myers return policy (its on their website) and also check your statutory rights for whatever state you live in.

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256902000FE154/Lookup/CAV_Publications_Shopping_and_Services/$file/refunds.pdf

The VIC consumer rights factsheet state that the store may offer you a repair, exchange or credit note, but its YOUR choice and youre entitled to a refund.

Comment

Working...
                            X