Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Cimbali Micro

What is better than one Espresso machine :-? Simple 2

This poor neglected machine complete with built in white water and calcium chunks came my way from Ferralbay. First couple of boiler flushes with Citric Acid and the water is starting to come out cleaner.

Most likely heading for a full strip and clean before any shots are pulled.

Compared to the Pav its HUGE and has a hot water spout as well. Not sure what the final plan for it is but most likely on the shop counter 8-)

More as it progresses.

Re: La Cimbali Micro

I saw that one being sold...too risky for a novice like myself and my wife would kill me if I spent any more at the moment. Good luck!

Comment

Gorgeous machines. 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 282923302E2B31420 link=1245933144/1#1 date=1245935066
        I saw that one being sold...too risky for a novice like myself and my wife would kill me if I spent any more at the moment.Good luck!  
        There is another on the bay of evil at present  

The Pav baskets fit the Group of the Cimbali but my Pullman Tamper is to large for the stock one so I guess I need another tamper :

Had another look inside the boiler with a torch this morning and I think a full strip is definitely needed. Going to order a full kit of orings and seals while I am going.

Comment

How did you go? My one has just died and Coffex tell me it will take four months to get the part, and $150 for labour. $350 all up. It only cost me $250. Did you come across anywhere else to get parts, by any chance? I didnt take the call, but I think it is the thermostat that is gone. Im picking the machine up from them this week in parts.

Comment

I was tempted to buy one that went on evilbay a few weeks ago. Went for $177 but old and the owner didnt know any history. No plug either!!!

Anyway orphan espresso stateside have gaskets http://www.orphanespresso.com/La-Cimbali-Microcimbali-_c_323.html and some parts from their junk yard http://www.orphanespresso.com/La-Cimbali-Microcimbali-Liberty_c_248.html

When I was researching the machine I seemed to remember that it only came in 220v so you might beable to get bits ok from them.

Keep an eye on evilbay, a machine for parts might come up. They are just over $1000 new so your repair bill seems high. You could just buy a Pv lusso. I did in the end because its wasnt with the risk.

Oh and jack from sorrentina did mention to me that he had a pv export. Single spring lever in stock. Might be another option.

Good luck, hope any of that helps. Lacehim

Comment

I bought one of these a few years ago and restored it. I posted details of it on homebarista
              http://www.home-barista.com/levers/la-cimbali-liberty-finished-t2288.html

Anyway let me know if you have any questions. Also I have a user manual and a schematics if you require it. Send me a PM.

Cheers

Clint

Comment

also a place in perth had a box full of spares at the time. I just cannot remember their name. It will come to me.

Comment

Clinto, it was supreme coffee machines in perth, it was in you hb thread on pg2. Nice job you did there. Made me wish I had grabbed that one off evilbay. I think it was really old though, it had no gauge and 8 nuts at the front for the sight glass. The plug was removed and I was concerned the boiler or element was knackered.

Im keeping my eye out for another project though. I got the lever bug a bit now too.

Comment

Originally posted by 674A484E4342462B0 link=1245933144/8#8 date=1296943727
                    I got the lever bug a bit now too
                    ;D

Yep all those place mentioned above for bits. If it is just the Thermostat get Orphan Espresso to check one of theirs and make sure it is 220-240V rated.

Comment

Thank you all so much. I will keep looking and Ill try Supreme in Perth, too. Orphan Espresso didnt seem able to help -- their junkyard one has already had the part salvaged. I may try again.
                      I am really missing it and I want to either fix it or find another. (The PV Lusso looks good.)

Hopefully, heres a photo of the problem part, and possibly the bad company it keeps. If anyone is interested in taking it on as a project, Id far rather do that than have it just junked. I still have a little bit of emotional detachment to go yet, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X