Miss Silvia in Adelaide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Silvia in Adelaide?

Where could I go to have a look at a Miss Silvia in Adelaide??

Re: Miss Silvia in Adelaide?

Hi arripis,

AFAIK the only Adelaide sponsor is The Coffee Barun and they dont sell the Silvia.

I will PM you another store which I highly recommend but wont mention here at theyre not a sponsor.

Comment

Thanks for the PM CJ, problem solved ;D

Comment

I too bought one elsewhere, but have you considered getting it shipped from an interstate sponsor? Had I done this, it woud have saved me over $100, probably worth considering. Also might be worth calling The Coffee Barun and checking if they can order one in for you?

Comment

Best thing to do is check it out first, at the store I pmd you about, decide its the machine you really want. Then:

(a) Do what Doug suggested and order from an interstate sponsor, or
          (b) Ask the local store to price match

Comment

HEAPS of the sponsors sell Silvias and they can courier them to you in a couple days, so take a look in Adelaide have a play then contact one of the sponsors to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by 6B6B6B656960606363060 link=1246346159/5#5 date=1246366373
              HEAPS of the sponsors sell Silvias and they can courier them to you in a couple days, so take a look in Adelaide have a play then contact one of the sponsors to purchase.
              While I agree with part of this, I think it is unfair to utilise the "free look and play" services of a local and then not give them a chance to make the sale.

And remember when getting a quote from a local to include the shipping costs from an non-local, and that a local sale should mean local warranty service as well.

Greg

Comment

Thanks guys, I will be sure to give the sponsors a chance when I get to making a deal. Im still tormenting myself over whether to go for Miss Silvia or to go all out from the start- if only it was me that won the lottery......
                Cheers
                A

Comment

Ill add to your torment arripis.

The Silvia is built like a tank. It will last. Having said that, it isnt designed to pump out multiple coffees whenever your friends are over (I read one of your other posts). On the other hand HX machines are designed to do just that.

Depending on where you are and where you want to go in your coffee journey, if you can afford an HX, go for it at the outset. Once purchased, not many here will find the need to upgrade to another machine, whereas Silvia owners are more inclined to do so.

Some good things though, if you decided to go ahead with the Silvia. It can make great coffee; it will teach you a lot about how to get a good extraction; it will hold its value quite well with a little regular care, and again, it will last a long, long time.

Theres likely to be a CSer with a Silvia who lives not too far away from you. Perhaps one might like to volunteer for you to make a visit and see it in operation first-hand?

Sorry to hear you werent the SA winner of the lotto thingy. I seem to be the only one I know that came out ahead as I didnt buy a ticket!

Cheers!

Comment

i didnt get one just put the money into savings instead and so far out of the people that enter lotto i know. i have won the most money.

Comment

Working...
                    X