Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia Classic not pumping water

Hi All,

I did something pretty stupid. I got a timer for the power point and have it set so the coffee machine automatically gets switched on half an hour before i wake up in the morning to save myself time.

To do this you have to leave the On/Off switch on the coffee machine in the On position so when the timer kicks in the coffee machine turns on. Well i wasnt paying attention and i accidentally left the other button "ON" aswell.. the button that makes the pump push water out of the group head.

So this morning i get up late and find the coffee machine had switched on and pumped ALL its water onto the kitchen bench. lucky it wasnt that full. I figure the machine had been on for 30mins to an hour in this state until i switched it off.

Now when i switch the coffee machine on it will heat up but the pump doesnt pump water at all. Its like the pump is dead.. no noise from it etc.

Is there a fuse or something that may have blown that i can replace or have i killed the pump by leaving it on so long?

If i need a new pump where can i get one from. I live on the GoldCoast

I looked on the DiBartoli website at parts but they dont list a pump... assuming thats what i broke.

Re: Gaggia Classic not pumping water

in case anyone was wondering... i ordered a new pump from DiBartoli. Installed it myself tonight (10 min job) and im back in business. all working fine.

I had a look at the old pump when i pulled it out and it was melted

Comment

Great news geek. Unfortunate that it had to happen but you wont forget next time!!

Long live the Gaggia!

Ben

Comment

For anyone wanting to purchase the pump. I got mine from dibartoli

link here: http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product_details.asp?pid=198

Comment

hi guys,
          you dont really need to warm up the machine for that long. i also have the classic and leave it on for about 5 minutes than run a cup of water through the shower head and all is good to go. this way it doesnt run the risk of running out of water etc...

Comment

So that cute little red pump...is that a kinda one-size-fits-most-domestic type machine pump?...so if my kids kill the pump on my little Ikon its only a minor annoyance instead of a major headache?

Comment

Working...
            X