Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6910 backflush

Hi guys,

Might be a silly question... After a water-only backflush on this machine as part of daily cleaning process - do you need to empty any residual water in the machines resevoir? Does this water get contaminated with dirty water from the grouphead?

Thanks,

Re: 6910 backflush

No and No.

You should occasionally empty and clean the tank as part of your longer term cleaning cycle.

Comment

No, the water from backflushing goes directly into the drip tray via the little drain at the back.

Comment

Hi SV,

Sounds as if youre new to the EM6910

I highly recommend the free Sunbeam barista course where you will learn how to get the best out of your machine. It covers all aspects of the SB including water back flushing.

Comment

Thanks Rusty, between the time I made this post and now I have done a stack of reading through posts on this site amd finally got around to doing the sunbeam course last week.

Thanks to this site and the contributors I basically reinforced my knowledge at the course and did not really learn anything new apart from the fact that the new 6910s have a slightly lower showerscreen which means the instructions regarding tamping are incorrect (ie tamping halfway on the sliver tamp). Due to the lower showerscreen, only 1mm of sliver should be visible on the tamp after tamping. Hope that came out right???

Any yes, fully aware of how the machine backflushes now.

Comment

Working...
          X