6910 leaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6910 leaking?

My sons 6910 is leaking water when brewing. I put the blind filter in and backflushed and the portafilter started to unlock itself and leak water everywhere, does this mean that the lugs or collar are worn and need replacing?

Re: 6910 leaking?

It may just be the seal GM

Id start there first

Comment

Originally posted by 777F676D70140 link=1250206406/1#1 date=1250206495
      It may just be the seal GM

Id start there first
      Yep.. KISS is the best approch.

Originally posted by 736671717A79757A140 link=1250206406/0#0 date=1250206406
      My sons 6910 is leaking water when brewing. I put the blind filter in and backflushed and the portafilter started to unlock itself  and leak water everywhere, does this mean that the lugs or collar are worn and need replacing?
      You going to hate me

How old is it ?
      How is it maintained ?
      Single or double floor PF baskets ?
      How fine a grind ?
      What sort of tamp ?
      When did it last have a seal replaced ?
      If it has, do you have access to teh Si spacer - Will buy you some time...
      Feel the collar and if you look with a torch etc.. You will soon see / feel how worn the collar might be.. You can do this on its side or upside down..
      WARNING: Remove water tank FIRST...

Comment

My 16 month old 6910 was doing that plus the GH was at the 5 oclock position. When the pump was running the gh would move to the left and start leaking water. If I held the gh in place it was ok, but who wants to wrestle with a 6910? Problem solved with new seal and silicone spacer. Suspect worn collar and/or lugs. Will be interesting to see how long the fix lasts.

Comment

How old is it ? 18 months
          How is it maintained ? regularly cleaned

When did it last have a seal replaced ? 5 months ago, but it occasionally falls out.
          Grind and tamp are ok, been extracting good shots.
          Will get a new seal and spacer and see how it goes.
          thanks for the feeback CSers!!

Comment

sounds like your collar is definetly worn, here is a pic of mine which I just replaced.
            It now locks off firm at 6 oclock. From now on I hardly put any pressure on it so I can make it last twice as long. Mine was 18 moths old and I use to give it a good wrench to lock it in. :-[

Comment

Working...
            X