Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 Power Light Flashing Red

Hi all,
    Recently my Sunbeam EM6910 (nearly 2 years old) developed this habit of after the warm up period instead of a solid red light above the power button it keeps flashing (red). The machine still functions as normal.
    I have cleaned the machine using the Sunbeam products, (I clean it on a regular basis and use filtered water). I have done factory resets, occaisionally the factory reset makes it behave normally but for one use only. Cannot find any referance to this in the instruction manual and I was wondering if any one else has experienced this.

Regards

sjn

Re: EM6910 Power Light Flashing Red

Is it just in sleep mode?

Sleep Mode
    After 1 hour of non-use the espresso machine will automatically switch to ‘SLEEP MODE’. An indication that the machine is in ‘SLEEP MODE’ is the lightabove the ‘POWER’ button will slowly flash red.

Maybe its going to bed too early  

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

In sleep mode the red light flashes slowly, mine however is flashing quite quickly and the green lights are all as normal.As I said before the machine is still functioning as normal just the red ligt continues to flash.

sjn

Comment

Originally posted by 496E686F621B0 link=1251251711/1#1 date=1251331700
        Is it just in sleep mode?

Sleep Mode
        After 1 hour of      non-use the espresso machine will automatically      switch to      ‘SLEEP MODE’.       An indication that the machine is in ‘SLEEP MODE’ is the lightabove the ‘POWER’      button will slowly flash red.      

Maybe its going to bed too early  

Hey Rusty,

In sleep mode the light above the power button slowly flashes green, not red, while all other lights are off.

This appears a little different to sjns problem, which I must admit is one I have never seen before.

Its like it is permanebtly sitting in one of the programming modes rather than reverting to normal after 5 seconds......wierd.

Need AM to the rescue here me thinks....

Comment

Originally posted by 797169637E1A0 link=1251251711/3#3 date=1251342318
          In sleep mode the light above the power button slowly flashes green, not red, while all other lights are off.
          Page 24 of the manual says it flashes RED

Comment

Originally posted by 082F292E235A0 link=1251251711/4#4 date=1251342800

Page 24 of the manual says it flashes RED  

Yeah, just pulled the manual out and it does say that :-?

Mine flashes green - in fact is doing so as we speak :-/

What colour does yours flash?

Comment

Originally posted by 4B435B514C280 link=1251251711/5#5 date=1251343386
              Oh you are awful :

I just turned it on so Ill let you know in an hour

Comment

Originally posted by 4D6A6C6B661F0 link=1251251711/6#6 date=1251343856
                Originally posted by 4B435B514C280 link=1251251711/5#5 date=1251343386
                Oh you are awful :

;D

Comment

sjn,

I would call sunbeam and ask them. The electronics probably use various flashes as error codes and only sunbeam are going to know what they mean.

Comment

Originally posted by 416660676A130 link=1251251711/6#6 date=1251343856
                    Well there ya go, mines green also  

Maybe the editor of the manual is colour blind  

Comment

Originally posted by 604741464B320 link=1251251711/9#9 date=1251348905
                      Originally posted by 416660676A130 link=1251251711/6#6 date=1251343856
                      Well there ya go, mines green also  

Maybe the editor of the manual is colour blind  
                      Classic ;D

Maybe the originals flashed red or something...

Originally posted by 53515D55555B5C41320 link=1251251711/8#8 date=1251345380
                      sjn,

I would call sunbeam and ask them. The electronics probably use various flashes as error codes and only sunbeam are going to know what they mean.
                      Good call ACog, I think you may well be right. Shame they dont publish them so that people like sjn can get a handle on what is going on

Comment

+1 to ACogs advice - call Sunbeam, or your local service agent if youre on good terms. Probably a diagnostic code of some sort... or aliens trying to make first contact. Do the flashes spell out anything in morse code?

<thread hijack>
                        This reminds me of a quick question Ive been meaning to ask those who have had the Sunbeam in pieces... would it be easy for someone handy with a soldering iron to remove the LEDs... to swap them for blue ones for example?
                        </thread hijack>

Comment

Originally posted by 507D3D0 link=1251251711/11#11 date=1251352240
                          +1 to ACogs advice - call Sunbeam, or your local service agent if youre on good terms. Probably a diagnostic code of some sort... or aliens trying to make first contact. Do the flashes spell out anything in morse code?

<thread hijack>
                          This reminds me of a quick question Ive been meaning to ask those who have had the Sunbeam in pieces... would it be easy for someone handy with a soldering iron to remove the LEDs... to swap them for blue ones for example?
                          </thread hijack>
                          A led strip if I remember ??? Send me a PM and when I get back, I will have a look on the weekend..

AM

Comment

Thanks to all for your input. I will call Sunbeam on Monday and report back here the result.

sjn

Comment

I have developed the same problem over the weekend, but not getting hot water, runs through cold, look forward to hearing the response you get.

Comment

Working...
                              X