La Pavoni Europiccola - refurb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Pavoni Europiccola - refurb?

I have a La Pavoni Europiccola (standard model, in chrome) that has some corrosion in the base. It is circa 2000 and paired with a La Pavoni Jolly grinder and the base that they both sit on (which also has some corrosion).

I was wondering if anyone could suggest what this combination might fetch on the 2nd hand market, as I do not want to spend more on restoring it than it is worth?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: La Pavoni Europiccola - refurb?

Hi Stucci, the Pavoni lever machines regularly sell on evilbay for around $400 , and very clean examples  for  much more than that.The Jolly grinders dont appear very often at all.
    They are very simple machines to disassemble and reassemble , and spares are available from a Coffeesnobs sponsor at reasonable prices .If there is corrosion in the base that threatens to become structural -the boiler is moving around relative to the base - and its not the base gasket thats perished  ; thats  bad, but general corrosion (from drip dray accidents) on the top and the underside of the base is quite normal , and you could get the base re chromed - or just polish it out with a metal polish and use an  anti corrosion spray.
    Theyre great machines when you get the hang of them - and Im still a Pavoni newbie myself , but have managed some great pulls (and rubbish ones too) , and theyre much quicker to heat up than almost anything else- and a tiny footprint on the bench.
    Send me a PM if you have any other questions,
    regards, pip.

Comment

Working...
    X