Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• em 6910, help

hey all,

Ive recently bought a sunbeam em6910 and i have found that after pulling a shot the puck is getting stuck to the shower screen or half the puck will come out and the other half will stay stuck to the shower screen.
    Is this a fault with my machine ? or am I doing something wrong?
    does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

cheers Malski:P

Re: em 6910, help

: Forgot to add that I am using a sunbeam em0480 grinder and home roasted beans

Comment

Originally posted by 616A645C6E666C74030 link=1253008082/0#0 date=1253008082
      hey all,

Ive recently bought a sunbeam em6910 and i have found that after pulling a shot the puck is getting stuck to the shower screen or half the puck will come out and the other half will stay stuck to the shower screen.
      Is this a fault with my machine ? or am I doing something wrong?
      does anyone know how to fix this problem ?  

cheers Malski:P
      Originally posted by 616A645C6E666C74030 link=1253008082/1#1 date=1253008952
      : Forgot to add that I am using a sunbeam em0480 grinder and home roasted beans

What basket ?

Sounds like your under dosing.. and or have a tamping problem and it could be an issue of grind size..

1: Do teh Sunbeam training...

2: Do a search and look for the 5 cent piece test..

Comment

i use the double basket, the shots seem to running all right,
        i tend to dose so its about 3-4mm below the rim after i tamp.
        ill try ajusting the grind maybe ?

cheers Malski

Comment

3-4mm below the basket sounds about right but my pucks will only stick to the shower screen when I underdose.
          Do as AM suggests and get a 5c piece, place it on top of your tamped puck, lock into place, take back out and the coin should be very lightly impressed into the puck.

Comment

rightio then, ill do the 5cent first thing in the morning and c what happens.
            thanks guys
            Malski

Comment

Working...
            X