Nemox Del Opera - Group Housing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemox Del Opera - Group Housing Problem

Hi Guys I have a Nemox Del Opera that gives me great coffee when it is working but I have a problem.

I have replaced the group housing 3 times in the last 18 months cost about $75 a go. They have all split up the housing and sprayed hot coffee around.

Lygon Imports are out of these parts and wont have them for several weeks. I can get one in Sydney at a cost of $90 but I am hoping that the new supplies will have addressed this weakness. A poor hope but anyway!

Are others having this issue? Lygon have suggested that I am over tightening the group handle but I am very careful with that.

This is a pain in the rear as I like the machine and the coffee it produces but this is getting to me. >

Re: Nemox Del Opera - Group Housing Problem

Originally posted by 6457415C250 link=1253841752/0#0 date=1253841752
    Hi Guys I have a Nemox Del Opera that gives me great coffee when it is working but I have a problem.

I have replaced the group housing 3 times in the last 18 months cost about $75 a go. They have all split up the housing and sprayed hot coffee around.

Lygon Imports are out of these parts and wont have them for several weeks. I can get one in Sydney at a cost of $90 but I am hoping that the new supplies will have addressed this weakness. A poor hope but anyway!

Are others having this issue? Lygon have suggested that I am over tightening the group handle but I am very careful with that.

This is a pain in the rear as I like the machine and the coffee it produces but this is getting to me. >
    Areeee SO the EM6910 is not the only one

While you may not be over tightening in one manner... What is your dosing level ??

Do a search on CS and look for the 5 cent piece test...

Then get back to us..

Comment

I have a Napoletana II with the original collar and still in good shape. I turn the GH fairly tightly too.

Comment

I have just had a look at my dosing and I may have been over dosing on the 5 cent test above but not by much. I generally fill the single dose basket and then tamp it down.

I will be more careful of the dosage in future but still cant imagine why this would cause 3 group housings to go. The pressure cant be a lot more than 15 bar and where is the pressure coming from on the group housing to split them up the barrel?

Caffiene Junky - your statement makes me more sure that this is a weak batch of group housings.

Comment

Working...
        X