Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam Group Head Seal

Hi Everyone
    I am new to this site and desperate for help. Does anyone have experience replacing the group head seal in a EM6910 Sunbeam Cafe Series Coffee Machine. I cant figure out how to insert the new seal. I unscrewed and removed the brewing filter/shower screen but then cannot figure out how to remove the old seal. There is what appears to be a large brass screw holding a further filter screen and the seal in place. Do I need to remove this brass screw to gain access to the seal. Problem is I cant budge it. Any advice? Thank you so much.

Re: Sunbeam Group Head Seal

Hi GBIS and welcome...

Try a search ^^^^^^^^ on sunbeam seal over the last year....You will find plenty to keep you reading...

2mcm

Comment

Originally posted by 53565D477D7A73140 link=1261990112/0#0 date=1261990112
      Do I need to remove this brass screw to gain access to the seal.
      no.

Take the drip tray out along with the water tank and flip the machine upside down so you can get a better look at the seal. You just need to work it out with some kind of tool, preferably something that wont scratch or dent up any of the surfaces.

Comment

The shower screen holds the seal in place, so if it hasnt just dropped down it must be stuck in with some coffee oils.
        It shouldnt be to difficult to remove if you dont care about damaging it.
        The seals are quite soft so you should be able to hook it out easily.

Comment

Is your machine a 6900 or a 6910?

I seem to remember some instructions that indicated that you did need to remove the bolt to get the 2nd screen off before removing the seal, but I cant remember where I have seen them.

As per 2mcms advise, search function can be your friend as I could be way off base with my memory.

Sen

Comment

Hi GBISing,

I agree with TG. It is probably stuck there due to coffee oil and other black stuff. You just need to get at it with something sharp but be care not to put too much force as you might damage something. Can also use your fingers, i used my nails to get it out ;D

btw, how old is the machine? when did you last take it out? :-?

Comment

Originally posted by 53656E61746F72000 link=1261990112/4#4 date=1262035389
              Is your machine a 6900 or a 6910?

I seem to remember some instructions that indicated that you did need to remove the bolt to get the 2nd screen off before removing the seal, but I cant remember where I have seen them.
              Good point.
              The 6900s did need a 2nd bolt and screen removed.

I have the instructions if needed.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone for your useful advice. We have had the machine for about 5 years so I guess it is an older model. I think Senator is correct that it must be the model that needs the second bolt and screen removed. Senator I would be really grateful if you could pass on the instructions. I am guessing the second bolt is just stuck tight and will need some hard force to loosen it. What a terrific site! Thanks again everyone. Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                X