Lelit Combi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lelit Combi

After nearly a fortnight off reviewing and reading all your wonderful reviews with + and -s of multiple machines, I am now thinking of the Lelit Combi for my needs......

We mostly drink Latte & Chinos, and probably or 3 or 4 during a serve.
    In other words, make coffee for 3 or 4 friends who come over.....

Would this unit suit my needs to make 4 coffees in under 3 or 4 minutes??
    My budget is max $750 - $800 and this includes the grinder......

cheers

Re: Lelit Combi

Hi Dutchie

Ill send you a link via pm that describes how to make 6 coffees at a time with the Lelit.

Chris of Talk Coffee is your closest Sponsor supplier of these machines.

Cheers!

Comment

i think the 4 in 4 mins is a bit quick, maybe 4 in 8-10 mins

issue i feel is you are going to need to refill the boiler after the 1st 2 coffees are made (after you have steamed the milk for the 1st 2)

then refill boiler and make 2nd 2 then steam milk for 2nd 2

part of the issue is after steaming the 1st 2 when you refill the boiler and you might have to wait for the boiler to reheat up to brew temp. it does not take long as it is HOT from steaming. It might actually need to cool down a bit to brew temp

of course based on the answer by Cuppacoffee i may be way off........

Comment

Originally posted by 363A333E3E375B0 link=1265536548/2#2 date=1265538194
        i think the 4 in 4 mins is a bit quick, maybe 4 in 8-10 mins
        Hi Leeham - the record stands at 5 minutes 38 seconds for SIX cappuccinos, though the coffee had been ground prior to starting the stopwatch.

Comment

Originally posted by 4452575746444841414242270 link=1265536548/3#3 date=1265538663
          though the coffee had been ground prior to starting the stopwatch.

Comment

Ha ha, no Leeham. It was approx. 50gm from the built in Lux grinder.

Is that pic from your personal stash? :P ;D

Comment

Im thinking of a new thread entitled: "Uses for this". Of course, none of them would involve actually having to drink the stuff  ;D

Comment

gald you see the joke

but in a serious note, is the built in lux grinder the same as what is in the "Titan Grinder Project: Can it Beat the Mazzer Robur?" on HB?
                (google that Dutchie if your interested)

it scored very well in taste tests performed in that test, and many say it is a good little grinder. assuming that it is makes it a very credible machine in my mind (based on very limited experience really)

sorry to go a little off topic Dutchie
                Leeham

Comment

Originally posted by 6C606964646D010 link=1265536548/7#7 date=1265539945
                  is the built in lux grinder the same as what is in the "Titan Grinder Project: Can it Beat the Mazzer Robur?" on HB?
                  I am checking to see if my beans crushed between a couple of house bricks can beat a Robur as well :

Comment

hahaha thanks guys......Im in talks now with Chris as we speak...

Comment

Forgot to ask two more things,
                      My wife also likes a good cup of tea, will the steam wand also provide good hot water? AND we have a simple bench water purifier. Should we use the water from here or straight from the tap??

Perhaps stupid questions but I;ve tried looking on Google and cannot find much, or any specifications either on the Lelit Combi (which I have just purchased from Chris and will pick up tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by 172627303B3A36530 link=1265536548/10#10 date=1265546571
                        My wife also likes a good cup of tea, will the steam wand also provide good hot water?ANDwe have a simple bench water purifier. Should we use the water from here or straight from the tap??

Thats a job for a kettle IMHO dutchie. Empty the boiler and you risk cooking an element and an account for repairs....

Have a read over http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1245022812 Tap water is no go and your drinking water filter will not do a good job either. Just yesterday I saw a machine from Baccus Marsh and found more scale barnacles in it than there are on the Titanic! One of the worst cases of scale I have seen.

Chris

Comment

ummmm no tap water and no filter water.........whats left??  Distilled water which I do have and use to make my Collodial Silver.......

Good read also Chris........mmmm might look at my water filter during the week and see what it takes out...

Comment

Originally posted by 714041565D5C50350 link=1265536548/13#13 date=1265547271
                            ummmm no tap water and no filter water.........whats left??  Distilled water which I do have and use to make my Collodial Silver.......
                            Definitely not! There is no better way to kill a machine. Best bet is to read the article and get an appropriate coffee filter. This can replace an underbench filter, a fridge filter if your fridge is plumbed or we can provide a kit which can just attach to a spare tap somewhere if required.

Chris

Comment

We have a Stefani 9000S above sink filter for which you can get about 20 different filters with different strengths etc....we use this to fill our kettle and have zero scale anywhere in the kettle....currently using a middle grade filter pod......wife will die if i told her Im spending more money or the coffee machine (which I havent yet broken to her yet)......

The Stefani is attached above the kitchen bench and attaches straight to the tap, funnelled into its own housing and the housing has its own tap after the water goes through the filter process........

Comment

Working...
                              X