Rancilio Miss Lucy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Miss Lucy

Ive been using my Miss Lucy for about nine years. It has been very reliable and consistently produced quality coffee.

The Lucy has an inbuilt Rocky grinder - whether this configuration is better or worse than a separate grinder is debatable. It looks very attractive in the one package (around 22 kg).

I probably dont adjust my grind as much as I should, sometimes the extraction is too fast.

Steaming on the Lucy is very good - it reaches the right temperature relatively quickly. I think the Lucy can reach espresso temperature more quickly from a cold start than many of the more expensive models.

If I were buying again, Id get a separate grinder - because Im thinking of upgrading (see my separate post) I now need to buy a new grinder as well as the new machine. But then again, perhaps the Rocky would be insufficient for an E61 machine?

Do you think I should keep the Lucy as a second (perhaps work) machine, or sell?

Re: Rancilio Miss Lucy

Depends on your work environment, do you work alone or in a big office/workshop.  Ive read plenty of posts about Silvia/Lucy style machine in a work environment and you only need one person to forget to refil the boiler and your up for a new boiler.  Not cheap!

Probably with the cash you would get from Lucys sale you could buy a new grinder and make another CSer very happy.  Im thinking of doing this when I upgrade... or if I can get the San Marino finished and reliable.

Comment

Working...
    X