Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Rancilio Silvia V1/V2

Hi Guys

Was wondering what are the obvious changes between the Silvia V1 and V2, - Im currently upgrading the steam wand on my Silvia, but have read about the pressure mod - obviously I havent opened my machine up yet to see whether it screw-out pressure regulator. I bought this machine second hand and the owner wasnt sure whether it was the V1 or V2 but claims it was bought new in 2006. Are there any other cosmetic differences or something I can look for?

Re: Difference between Rancilio Silvia V1/V2

Originally posted by 76737C7B777E7F7D6075737C120 link=1295397979/0#0 date=1295397979
    Was wondering what are the obvious changes between the Silvia V1 and V2, - Im currently upgrading the steam wand on my Silvia, but have read about the pressure mod - obviously I havent opened my machine up yet to see whether it screw-out pressure regulator. I bought this machine second hand and the owner wasnt sure whether it was the V1 or V2 but claims it was bought new in 2006. Are there any other cosmetic differences or something I can look for?  
    As I recall the model without the OPV had a uniform pattern of round holes on the drip tray cover, and the OPV model (which I have) has a circular pattern of straight slots under the group head and round holes under the steamer. The latest version has a fancier steam wand. There may have been other internal changes between these cosmetic changes, but this should give you some idea.

Comment

Thanks Phillip.

It looks like I have the V2, as it has the adjustable OPV, but I still have the old drip tray - just circles, not the separate one under the group and steam wand.

it seems that the drip tray is the only indication that i cant use the pod coffee adjustment - (not that id want to) - but ive put on the new steam wand/knob - not going to worry about the portafilter or group cover.

Comment

Out of curiosity (and sort of on topic) how do you get the steam knob off?

Comment

i just applied a bit of force and slight turning of the knob and it eventually came off. be gentle, especially if you want to keep the knob.

Comment

Working...
          X