Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brevilles skunkworks....What are they up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brevilles skunkworks....What are they up to?

Originally posted by 6B656D686F616E7276060 link=1288871951/331#331 date=1301270805
    ... or our new machine still in the Breville skunkworks (but emerging soon!)
    Hey Phil you can tell us ... the secret is safe here!! 8-)

Re: Brevilles skunkworks....What are they up to?

Originally posted by 5F5141505E475741320 link=1288871951/332#332 date=1301272376
    Hey Phil you can tell us ... the secret is safe here
    :-X

Comment

I think its ok for me to say that I have seen the secret both inside and out. Ive also used the secret and been provided with the technical data.

It wont be too much longer before the secret is out, and when it is, it will turn heads, drop jaws, and... :-X

Comment

As Dennis said, hes seen the ins & outs of the new one!

So guys, list the functions & features youd like to see on a domestic (or commercial) espresso machine & well see how many of those we can tick off!

Cheers, Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 505E5653545A55494D3D0 link=1288871951/335#335 date=1301280867
          As Dennis said, hes seen the ins & outs of the new one!

So guys, list the functions & features youd like to see on a domestic (or commercial) espresso machine & well see how many of those we can tick off!

Cheers, Phil
          Needs to be in a new Topic.

If one looks closely at what the EM6910 offers there is not much else to add.

For me if it could meet the full  EM6910 functionality with better steam and a better group collar, it would be TOPS.

And then pair and offer a great discount with the BCG800 AND you would have a market leader.

Beta Tester:

Yep and unlike a few, I actually do have first hand experience with early Brevilles and the EM Series from 2600 through to the 6910, as well as other more professional machines.  Thus first hand and in-depth experience not a fleeting moment..

Comment

Yes, I agree - perhaps one of the mods can split this off onto a new topic.

As for the secret ... can you give us a hint as to what segment of the market you are aiming at? Id guess a bit higher than the 6910 maybe bottom end E61 HX?

I agree with AM that the 6910 would take some beating on the same ground.

Whats that you say? Beta testers required? Sure, send me a pm! ;D

Comment

The Breville BCG800 Smart Grinder has had a surprising popularity here at CoffeeSnobs.

From what I read here, it looks like the ‘secret machine’ may also be sold by Site Sponsors such as Chris at Talk Coffee, Dennis at Cuppacoffee and E61 Espresso, who sell the Smart Grinder.

This is good, as in the past the Breville and Sunbeam machines have been swamped by the proliferation of capsule or pod machines and super automatics filling the shelves of the electrical discount and department stores, where on the whole, the sales folk if you can find them, don’t know what make the best coffee.

Phil,

Here are some of the features I like to see on a domestic coffee machine:
              [*]Accurate temperature control (PID)[*]Single walled filters[*]Large water tank[*]Large drip tray[*]Three way valve for backfllushing[*]High capacity frothing[*]Fast warm-up[*]Comprehensive and clear instruction book     [*]The ability to produce God Shots

Barry

Comment

Brevilles skunkworks....What are they up to?

Originally posted by 68666E6B6C626D7175050 link=1288871951/331#331 date=1301270805
                ...or our new machine still in the Breville skunkworks (but emerging soon!)...

Cheers, Phil
                This thread split from the smart grinder thread at the request of members to keep it neat. Sounds like somethings cooking...

I have had a guess and placed it in this range, but who knows as it may be a pointy end thread...

Comment

Phil may correct me, but I dont think Beta testers will be required.  At the very least, I know that Brevilles R&D team and Engineers have been working on this for quite a while, and were not prepared to take this to market without being confident that this machine can and does produce consistent God shots.

Historically, Ive been reluctant to range anything that I would classify as an appliance.  First, because I couldnt find anything that would meet my expectations, and less importantly, because I was not in a position to compete with the big retailers. 

So when I came across the BCG800 Grinder and was given the opportunity to assess it, I approached it as a sceptic, yet the results changed my mind and I felt confident that the Smart Grinder deserved to be promoted.

In discussion with the folks at Breville, and seeing the addition of staff with Phils experience, its clear that Breville are serious about wanting to be leaders in the field of coffee equipment and I applaud them for this and the support provided to forum members.

Ill contribute more at a later stage, but for now, let me say that not only am I looking forward to adding this machine to our range, but I am seriously thinking of making this my home machine!

Comment

Originally posted by 6076737362606C65656666030 link=1301294820/8#8 date=1301297126
                    I am seriously thinking of making this my home machine!
                    Will I have to buy that VS1 back? :-? ;D

Comment

Is their any indication on what market the new breville is going to target (i.e. what its competitors will be?).

Comment

Originally posted by 0D383532061A363F3F3C3C590 link=1301294820/9#9 date=1301297672
                        Originally posted by 6076737362606C65656666030 link=1301294820/8#8 date=1301297126
                        I am seriously thinking of making this my home machine!
                        Will I have to buy that VS1 back?  :-? ;D
                        Im not sure yet, but it does have me wondering!

Comment

Originally posted by 6771747465676B62626161040 link=1301294820/8#8 date=1301297126
                          Phil may correct me, but I dont think Beta testers will be required. 
                          I still live in hope

This gets more intriging by the moment. Do we at least have some sort of time frame before launch?

I echo what you say about Breville service and on the basis of the BCG800 I think we can assume this will blow Sunbeam out of the water ... but which other manufacturers will be nervous I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by 6A6474656B726274070 link=1301294820/12#12 date=1301298004
                            echo what you say about Breville service and on the basis of the BCG800 I think we can assume this will blow Sunbeam out of the water ... but which other manufacturers will be nervous I wonder?
                            Sunbeam was very good with the release and swapped machines out for the slightest issue.  This went on for a time and then as $$$ became tight, and the user training was not as successful as expected; they got stricter.

Breville by design or accident have a  direct contact on CS.  This is a good start but from a Breville global perspective, I hope he has the ability for real input and not just  a tick in the process box.  Otherwise it will be tough for him both professionally and personally.  Nothing worse that seeing the fault, knowing the fix and your own company will not take it on board.

Fingers crossed and positive vibes may see another new chapter in coffee machines.

PS. 

Ya have to hand it to Sunbeam, the EM69XX series has brought many into the coffee experience that would otherwise not bothered.

Lets hope Breville can learn from the previous efforts of Sunbeam and put a  machine with good functionality BUT importantly better overall reliability and resistant to user abuse.

Comment

Ya have to hand it to Sunbeam, the EM69XX series has brought many into the coffee experience that would otherwise not bothered.
                              I agree, and I am one of them, and despite my search at the time revealing service and reliability horror stories (hard to know how many were and still are in the happy majority) I got mine 3 years ago for about $450 on that bay people love to hate around here, and it hasnt missed a beat since (hmm, was that tempting fate or what? ). Hard to fault both the product and of course the value for money.

It is still intriging as to whether Breville can offer the significant upgrade I am planning (Denniss review certainly suggests they might!!) or whether I am still looking at the big and the shiny (and the expensive) next step.

Comment

Working...
                              X