Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BES860 Grinder Malfunction

Hi Guys,

Long time reader first time poster.. Ive recently bought a BES 860 and being a newbie with these machines, I removed the hopper and thought that I needed to clear out the beans stuck between the burr and the hopper before being able to lock the hopper back in. As I wasnt sure what to do, I thought taking the top burr out would carry all the beans out at the same time, when the contrary occurred and the beans instead when in to fill the top burrs spot.

Problem now is that I cant lock in the top burr which means I cant use my grinder Ive called Breville to ask for a solution but they told me to bring it into a service point and will be charged for servicing. Surely theres a method to get rid of all those beans in the inner burr manually without going to a service center?

Thanks!

Re: BES860 Grinder Malfunction

Could you tip it upside down and let gravity do the job? or stick a vacuum cleaner in there and suck them out (gently)?

Comment

Dont worry ive solved it, cheers !!

I kinda just used a butter knife and grabbed the beans out and crushed the ones i couldnt to let it fall further in before being able to lock my inner burr.

cheers!

Comment

Been there done that - A vacuum cleaner with an upholstery nozzle works well in these circumstances - the moral of the story is to run the grinder until empty (as advised in the manual) before removing the top burr - a mistake we only make once - or in my case twice - but I had a senior moment (at least I think I did but I cant quite remember! :-/)

Oh, and by the way it should be described as an owner malfunction not a grinder malfunction - the manual clearly describes the procedure for removing the top burr

Comment

Hi, I recently bought a BES860 and am delighted with it (after internally adjusting the grinder). BUT.....Someone (ok it was me!) spilt some water into the grinder mechanism, which is now full of wet coffee grounds. Ive got out what I can from above, but the grinder still wont grind (due to the remaining wet grinds). Anyone know an easy fix for this or do I have to spend a few hours dismantling? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1F383E2528293E02164C0 link=1308199679/4#4 date=1341360821
            Someone (ok it was me!) spilt some water into the grinder mechanism
            Fill the water tank from the right side not the left. Then there is less chance of drowning the grinder.

Barry.

Comment

Working...
            X