Sunbeam EM6910 Double Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam EM6910 Double Setting

Hey guys, been looking around for a thread on the settings for the EM6910 but have been unsuccessful. So Ive decided to make a new thread xD, if anyone could point me to the right thread in case I missed something, please do!

Ive manually set the double espresso pour setting to ensure that I get roughly 25 ml per cup and itll stop automatically. Is this the right way to go? Or should I use the default setting instead? I notice that the default one goes on for way too long =/.

Anyone have any tips as to setting the amount of water it uses for a double pour?

Re: Sunbeam EM6910 Double Setting

I wouldnt use the automatic settings at all. Watch the shot (unless youre REALLY good, youll need to cut the shot at slightly different times) and cut when it starts to blond. To get an idea of the effect, do a shot where you cut it short and compare the taste with one that you let run well after blonding begins. Then you can learn the signs for when the best time to cut the shot is to get the flavour you like. It gets pretty easy to watch the shot and texture milk after a little practise. Just my two cents worth

Comment

Another thing to watch for is the pour will go from running smooth to a wobble. Time to cut the shot.

Comment

Or thick to watery.

Agree with the others, dont time the shot. Learn when to cut it. Youre going to get different extraction times (25 seconds is what to "aim" for) depending on grind, level, tamping, channelling - so the key is to watch the shot as you cant control any of these factors after you hit the button.

Comment

Alright Ill try that later xD, thanks for all your feedback so far!

Also, I get confused as to how I should time the shot, Ive been wanting to perfect it just that this pre infusion thing with the EM6910 confuses me as to when I should start the stopwatch.

Comment

With any machine, if yourwanting to time the shot, always start the stopwatch as soon as you push the button/flick the switch. The pre-infusion time is counted as time towards the shot.

But like with the others, the time of the shot is not as critical as watching it blonde. You should be able to get 2x25-30ml shots (double basket) just prior to when it starts to blonde.

Thats not saying watch it drip out super slow so it takes 3 hours to get 60ml, but bend the whole "A shot should take 30secs" rule to fit your style.

Hope that helps...

Comment

Working...
            X