Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lelit PL41TEM negatives?

Hi,

I am just wondering about any issues with the Lelit PL41TEM as a machine compared to similar options for about 4 coffees a day mostly milky and larger groups on occasion? thanks

Re: Lelit PL41TEM negatives?

My impression is that it will struggle to make back to back milk drinks constantly. There is an article somewhere about making milk coffee for 6 on a silvia (which has a marginally bigger boiler). The disadvantage I see is that each of the shots in your coffees for 6 are single shots (doubles split two ways) and you still have to be REALLY fast, or the crema will dissipate by the time your milk is done.

For single/double milk coffees I dont think it is a problem.

Comment

I have a PL041EM, (not for long though ) - and while its a great machine, steaming 2 x 400mL milk jugs back to bag is about the limit before having to reprime the boiler, and wait for it to come back up to temp. I cant see why the PL41TEM would be any different with the same boiler.

This is the reason Im upgrading. Its great for two people, but once you have 4 guests or more wanting mugs and double shots each, it become a bit tedious.

To be honest, Ive never had the crema dissipate in the time while steaming (but my coffee is generally a bit too fresh).

Comment

So you cant do milk at the same time? I was under the impression you could?

Comment

No, you cant. Its a single boiler that runs at two different temperatures depending on if steaming or brewing.

To do both at the same time, you need either a dual boiler, dual thermoblock or HX (heat exchanger) machine.

Comment

Thanks - sorry yes, I have confused myself. It is clearly a single now I am looking at it again. Thanks for the help

Comment

It appears there is no cheap way to get out of being able to do the double action - bummer

Comment

Originally posted by 243639332E570 link=1312364502/6#6 date=1312377903
                It appears there is no cheap way to get out of being able to do the double action - bummer
                Actually the cheapest way to be able to pull a shot and steam milk at the same time would be a thermoblock I believe.  Sunbeam EM6910 for example, although I hear the steamings not that fantastic...but dont take my word for it since Ive never owned one.

Comment

Working...
                X