Breville 900 - update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville 900 - update?

The last thread on the availability of these machines indicated stock would be arriving sometime (late?) last week. Im one of the lucky few who managed to order one from Cuppacoffee. Any news? Did the first shipment arrive as expected?

I ask because the machine I was borrowing from a friend after mine broke finally had to be returned and Im lost without my early morning coffee >

All the hype around the 900 has made me impatient to try it ;D

Re: Breville 900 - update?

I believe the time you would receive it was the time they received it PLUS checking each machine and posting it on, so I wouldnt be chomping at the bit just yet... although a quick call / email to Chris would answer the question straight from the horses mouth (double horseplay intended )

Comment

Originally posted by 7B737B7C7670120 link=1312803866/1#1 date=1312804489
      although a quick call / email to Chris would answer the question straight from the horses mouth (double horseplay intended )
      Cuppacoffee is Dennis, not Chris.

Comment

sorry, so may occurrences of the word "coffee" in the sponsors I get a mit buddled...

Comment

Originally posted by 3931393E3432500 link=1312803866/1#1 date=1312804489
          I believe the time you would receive it was the time they received it PLUS checking each machine and posting it on, so I wouldnt be chomping at the bit just yet... although a quick call / email to Chris would answer the question straight from the horses mouth (double horseplay intended )
          Yeah, I could have emailed Dennis but thought Id post so that others who were wondering could also see the reply and be informed :-) Perhaps even save a few emails asking the same thing.

Comment

Check last reply from Dennis at http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1203772677/6#6

Comment

Originally posted by 7A5E5A5E415E41310 link=1312803866/5#5 date=1312807159
              Check last reply from Dennis at http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1203772677/6#6
              Excellent. Thank you. Not long now ;D

Comment

Ours have arrived! 8-)

Comment

Fantastic! Looking forward to hearing from Snobs who have ordered one how they perform.

Sniff

Comment

Just received the call that mine was in. On my way to pick it up. Very excited.

Comment

Congrats everyone.
                      Enjoy your next stage of your coffee journey.
                      Looking forward to your comments and feedbacks.

Gary at G

Comment

I had time to get our demo machine onto the bench and initial impressions are good.

I am not one for reading manuals, and straight out of the box, I filled it and turned it on. It found its way to 93 deg and I just pulled a few manual shots today.

Using the Kony-E which had been on duty with the Alex Duetto, I found that for the same pour, the dose was slightly lower. Nice balance on the shots and when playing with milk, its almost impossible not to get perfect microfoam.

Played a bit with temperature and a 2 deg change was very obvious in the cup. Whilst the steam pressure is better, its not in the league of most of the e-61 machines, but the quality of the steam is terrific- very dry. Its more than adequate.

I dont feel perfectly dialled in yet, but I am close.

Out of the box, its everything I saw in the pre-production machine and I think that buyers will be very happy with the results in the cup.

Well have it on demo v the duetto on Saturday and its looking like one hell of a stouch. If youre curious, you are welcome...

Chris

Comment

Just a couple of quick Qs

In the manual it says before first use to lightly wash the tank, basket etc.. is this critical? And also to prep the inbuilt filter?

As long as the steam is better than the Silvia I will be happy and it definitely sounds like it is user friendly to say the least if users will find it difficult not to produce decent microfoam!

Its sounding the goods, I think we need a dedicated user thread now.

Comment

Originally posted by 757A7D607C77120 link=1312803866/12#12 date=1312889796
                            In the manual it says before first use to lightly wash the tank, basket etc.. is this critical? And also to prep the inbuilt filter?
                            This is to wash away any manufacturing contaminants
                            Its a precaution
                            You should also wash the tank periodically as it does grow algae just like fish tanks

KK   

Comment

Im having a few issues dialling this one in.

I can get 60mls in exactly 30 sec but thats with a course grind (7 notches to the right of the factory espresso line on my mini masser) and a light tamp. The pressure gauge goes up to 11 bar! If I go finer it hits 12 bar with a fine tamp. Im filling to about 1mm below the line in the basket.
                              Am I doing something wrong here?

Comment

Working...
                              X