Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Auto questions

Hi All,

Im looking for a Super to recommend to friends - now before you chime in with the usual response let me say that Ive explained the price, quality, cleaning requirements and taste differences between a super and a manual/semi in good hands but theyre insistent for various reasons which I wont go into here. I cant find any threads which cover details apart from:
    Poster: Which Super-Auto?
    CoffeeSnob: none
    Poster: No really, which one?
    CoffeeSnob: essay on how good a coffee would taste out of a cheap manual compared to an expensive super-auto

: no offence!

Im leaning towards Jura for their construction quality, and we had an Impressa Z5 at my old work which beat the pants of the cold weak sour flat brown bleugh that comes from the Delonghi Magnifica at my new work (I know one is double the price of the other...)

Im wondering which super-autos have boilers? Any close to or under $1500? Which autos would you recommend for best extraction factors and taste? They will probably only drink lattes / capps (milk covers a multitude of extraction problems!)

In the mean time I will keep extolling the virtues of the One True Way...

thanks

Re: Super Auto questions

Saeco Royal Cappuccino

http://coffeemachine.com.au/royal-cappuccino-coffee-machine-p-34.html?osCsid=cc1b44fe53db289ef535b6907619cd8b

Comment

nice - twin boiler and removable brew group.

So is this the minimum youd recommend or the only one with boiler(s) close to $1500?

thanks

Comment

It has a good reputation and if someone wants something relatively easy and doesnt enjoy the ritual involved in making coffee, then they will probably appreciate this machine.

Dont use dark roasts and set to maximum dose.

Comment

There has been a few concessions on CS that the Jura range is generally less problematic, and at least capable, for those who "have to" have a superauto. So now you have two choices for them.

Comment

Originally posted by 03342D2D283535410 link=1314427603/4#4 date=1314669524
            There has been a few concessions on CS that the Jura range is generally less problematic, and at least capable, for those who "have to" have a superauto. So now you have two choices for them.
            yes I was considering Jura - not sure which ones are boilers and if they are close to $1500 though.

Bullitt

hmm, should I trust the 666th post from anyone?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 747C7473797F1D0 link=1314427603/5#5 date=1314675968
              close to $1500 though.
              try doubling that

Comment

Originally posted by 262E26212B2D4F0 link=1314427603/5#5 date=1314675968
                Originally posted by 03342D2D283535410 link=1314427603/4#4 date=1314669524
                yes I was considering Jura - not sure which ones are boilers and if they are close to $1500 though.

Bullitt

hmm, should I trust the 666th post from anyone?

thanks!

Off topic, but I didnt even notice the 666, anyway its now more than that so you can rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by 44736A6A6F7272060 link=1314427603/7#7 date=1314756752
                  Off topic
                  sorry, I have a habit of doing that online and IRL... no offence

Comment

Working...
                  X