Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia wiring question

Gday guys.

Does any one have a copy of the electrical schematic for the rancilio siliva that they will be able to provide a copy of.

i need to install an inhibit switch in the circuit, as my house in becoming a share house and i trust no one.

cheers
    chris

Re: Silvia wiring question

Sorry I dont, but curious as to how you would stop others from un-inhibiting it?

Also, if you know how to wire relays and such, cant you just break the active 240V (which is easy to find on just about anything - its the one that will kill you if you touch it :P ). But seriously... is that what you wanted to do?

Standard disclaimer about voiding warranties, illegal wiring, and frying yourself applies...

Comment

i under stand voiding warranty.

I would install a 2 pole key lock switch ( sprevher + schuh model D7P-KM21 or simlair ) and inhibit the pump and the steam switch. This seems to be the most basic way to inhibit with still allowing the machine to warm up. I also have a few other mods in mind just waiting on the PID price then start changing stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 646D70706B67020 link=1314490207/2#2 date=1314508895
        i under stand voiding warranty.
        just covering myself!

you should be able to intercept the original switches fairly easily - again I know nothing about the Silvia, but you could break the original switch wire - most like has a spade plug so you could put yours inline. Just a thought.

Someone here mounted their PID inside the Silvia on the RHS so there should be plenty of room.

Pics of your progress are a must

Comment

RandyG has some good schematics ...
          http://www.frcndigital.com/coffee/Silvia/SilviaWorks.html

...or go direct to the source...
          http://www.rancilio.it/rancilio/download_page.jsp?flag=1&id_cat=14&id_language=3

Comment

I cant remember where I found it, but several years ago I found a wiring diagram for Silvia, I still have a copy of it on file, in Word format. If you want to PM me your details I could email a copy to you, either Word or PDF format.

Comment

Working...
            X