Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change the frothing attatchment for the Breville BES860?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you change the frothing attatchment for the Breville BES860?

Hi all coffee lovers! I have just purchased my first decent home espresso machine the Breville BES860 and loving the quality in coffee im getting, sucker for lattes :
    I was just wondering if there was a better frothing wand available for this machine I like the type that the new model BES900 has or the Sunbeam EM6910. Looks like they would be easier to clean and a bit longer also? It looks like the current wand just screws in so I presume you can just unscrew and put another one in? I rang breville in australia and they said no. But was just wondering if anyone on this site has managed to do a aftermarket swap for a better one?

Thanks my first post!
    Andre

Re: Can you change the frothing attatchment for the Breville BES860?

Do you mean the whole wand or just the tip? Both can come out and be replaced.
    I have a Sunbeam 5900 which has the same wand as the 6910, and I changed the tip for the one from your machine as the hole was smaller and so allowed more pressure, drier steam, and less big bubbles in the milk.
    As for BES900, it has a 3 hole tip and the 860 doesnt have the steam power to handle a 3 hole tip, so dont go there.
    I dont think the wand on the 6910 is any longer (but I could be wrong). However I would advise keeping the tip/wand you have, as I reckon it does a better job.

Comment

Working...
    X