Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville BES900 vs Nuova Simonelli Musica

Hi guys,

Taking money completely out of the equation here, what is the general consensus here? From my research, it seems that the Musica has more powerful steam and the famed temperature consistency that Nuova Simonelli have. On the other hand, the BES900 looks to have great temperature stability due to its duel PIDs.

Id love to get some feedback from the pros here

Thanks guys

PS. I know the Musica belongs in the +1500 forum, but the comparison is with a < 1500 machine... Sorry if that breaks the rules...

Re: Breville BES900 vs Nuova Simonelli Musica

Hi Simon

I think youll find it too hard to compare, and probably that no one will have any direct comparison between the two because both are too new and I dont think any of the sponsors that stock the BES900 also stock the Musica.

One is an Heat Exchanger, and the other is a thermoblock/boiler with PID. Its like comparing a single boiler against a dual boiler somewhat, then going with the single boiler and being disappointed because the steam isnt on demand. Similarly, it would be like comparing the NS Musica with the Alex Duetto II.

I have had a single boiler (Breville), a twin thermoblock (Sunbeam 6910) and two HX machines - the Maver Lever (manual) and now the NS Musica (button semi-automatic/manual) and, out of them all, Ive been happiest with the Musica in both looks and usage. I use the Musica as a manual machine and havent even got the semi-auto buttons programmed because I like control over my pour.

But this is just my opinion.

Your best bet is to get a hands on play with both of them if youve narrowed your choice down to these two, and make your decision from there.

Cheers
    Di

Comment

The BES900 is a dual boiler/heat exchanger machine - no thermoblocks there...

Comment

The breville is not technically a heat exchanger as in a "HX espresso machine", but it does have a "heat exchanger" which pre-heats the brew boiler through the steam boiler to reduce the thermal shock. It also has an actively heated group, which isnt technically a thermoblock like a sunbeam, but it is a "thermo-block"... Just to be accurate

Comment

LOL.... ;D ;D

With the marriage of a number of different technologies into a single machine, the BES900 is kind of in a category all of its own... 8-)

Getting very confusing for a number of people Id say. Main thing though, is that the coffee is great [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Comment

Was having a bit of a giggle here too Mal.

Comment

Yeah, you noticed I hedged my bets by saying thermoblock/boiler.

Truth is, I couldnt remember which it was - I lost track of the Introduction to the BES900 thread months ago and never really caught up again.

Hopefully everyone will realise that, even though Im a Mod, Im definitely not all-knowing... (Although, if you ask my husband, I am!!!)

Comment

Working...
              X