Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascaso - Inox Trio F.F 073711

Hi,

I was hoping someone could give me some guidance on this machine. It is very old and I would like to try and find a manual or something I could start with to get it to a reliable workable state. At the moment it can switch on, produce steam, and hot water for the coffee pods but when I use the steamer i get a lot of steam out the back of the machine. I received this from work as they wanted to throw it out as it did not want to switch on the last time they tried to used it, also it kept breaking...
    I have basically started by cleaning all the water pipes, the water tanks, the group handles, and will soon try and open the boilers(which looks like little laptop hard drives). This is my first attempt at opening a coffee machine so please be patient.

Thanks

Re: Ascaso - Inox Trio F.F 073711

A pic

Comment

the machine

Comment

Originally posted by 0C134F0304000F610 link=1320285185/0#0 date=1320285185
        and will soon try and open the boilers(which looks like little laptop hard drives)

Pretty sure they will be thermoblocks rather than boilers.

Cant offer you much more unfortunately, but steam out the back sounds like a leaky pipe, should only be between the thermoblock and the groups or steam/hot water arms.

Watch out for the electrickery

Comment

Excellent thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 3731262D3730282A430 link=1320285185/3#3 date=1320292314
            Pretty sure they will be thermoblocks rather than boilers.
            I think this series had a brass brew boiler and thermoblock for steam.

Site sponsor Di Bartoli used to sell Ascaso machines and would probably be a great starting point if you get stuck.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I connected all up and gave it a test run. Seems like the steam form the back is from the second water pipe that lets steam off after the any of brass boilers were used, so that should probable be ok. The only thing that I could see that was wrong is one of the waterpipe connections is leaking. I am thinking that I should probable not open the brass boilers or thermoblocks as that seems fine.

Comment

Working...
              X