Sunbean EM6910 Group Head Seal Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbean EM6910 Group Head Seal Issue

Hi , Just searched on this topic last week and found no answers sounds like a comon problem. My seal was leaking and some people were on there 8th seal. So I came up with the idear of rasing the shower basket to firm up the seal. I got some copper wire and kinked it into a circle in a saw pattern then put in the under side of shower basket then pushed the group head over the wire it raised up the basket to a perfect seal yay. But I have worked out it is best not to leave the group head in the holder as when it cools down, the seal shrinks. So I leave the group head out of machin when not in use.
    Peter

Re: Sunbean EM6910 Group Head Seal Issue

Originally posted by 49595D491B280 link=1320973043/0#0 date=1320973043
    rasing the shower basket
    do you mean the filter basket?

Originally posted by 49595D491B280 link=1320973043/0#0 date=1320973043
    I leave the group head out of machin when not in use
    do you mean portafilter?

Im a little confused...

Comment

Hi thanks for the spellcheak and Translation still learning.
      Peter

Comment

no probs, I wasnt being picky but I wasnt sure whether you put the ring between the basket and portafilter, all in the handle, or whether you had done some complicated machine modification to move the shower screen

So essentially youve "raised" your basket. This would have the same effect as a group head spacer / shim which you can get for some machines. I think sunbeam offers a cardboard shim, or some people make them up.

FYI the group head is the "head" of the machine where you attach the portafilter / handle. Its not easy (if at all possible) to remove it.

Happy tinkering

Comment

[
          Originally posted by 353D3532383E5C0 link=1320973043/3#3 date=1320975799
          group head spacer / shim
          I think I get it so you mean a portafilter spacer / shim. I am not sure I would like some cardbourd there at least copper is food grade.

Comment

OK here is a review for portafilter spacer / shim. The copper kept on breaking on about the 4th pour. So I tried the cardbord it got wet with cleaning. So now have cut it out of a lid for a honey container, it can handel the heat and is holding.

Comment

nice hacking! FYI the cardboard shims go (I think) under the group head seal, so they wouldnt get wet at all. If you search this site youll find plenty of people whove done the same.

Comment

Working...
              X