Gaggia BRERA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia BRERA

What are your experiences with this machine ? ; price reduction seems appealing. Thanks B.

Re: Gaggia BRERA

Pro, Its a Gaggia, which means its reasonably well built, Gaggia know their machines, Heck, they were leaders in the whole Espresso biz back when it started

Con, Its a superauto, Its got the same flaws as any other superauto on the market (ie, itd never achieve truely good coffee, cleanup is a bugger, etc.)

Aaand thats about all I can sorta say about it really :-/

Comment

Hello kate_brett and welcome to CS 

You havent told us what kind of equipment you are coming from if any. It would help to give that information so that the replies to your enquiry can be structured accordingly. Do you have your heart set on an auto, have you already had one and are "upgrading" etc. Are you already familiar or not with the type of espresso produced by home use automatic machines, and what are your requirements...

I dont have any actual experience of the model and I dont know if our workshop has seen any come in for service. I will ask tomorrow and if anything comes up (service issues you should be aware of) will let you know.

Gaggia as a manufacturer doesnt exist and hasnt for some time. It is nothing more than an "old school" brand name owned by Phillips, which owns Saeco which owns the domestic gaggia name. Most auto machines these days have programmed cleaning cycles  and shouldnt be a problem to clean.

Auto machines dont produce the same type of espresso that traditional machines do however, the brew is as with any machine, a function of how well the operator (owner) sets up the machine with the beans to be used (you can in most cases set the fineness as well as the dose of grinds). This is critical and leaving a machine on the "out of the box / factory settings" will not give good results but cannot be blamed on the machine.

Hope that helps.

Rgdz,
      Attilio
      very first CS site sponsor

Comment

Have Gaggia Classic (8 years). Wany new machine. Thanks B.

Comment

Should be Want, not Wany. Hit wrong key!

Comment

Suggest the first thing is to try the coffee from a domestic automatic espresso machine....one that is well set up and brewing well. You will find the coffee is different to that which you will get from your classic. The price reduction on the Brera is only good to you if you are happy with the kind of coffee it produces.

I did ask our workshop about the model, but we havent yet seen one.

Sorry cant be more help.

Rgdz,
            Attilio

Comment

Working...
            X