Lelit PID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lelit PID

Hi Guys we have a lelitPL042em at work which we are quite pleased with. I am considering getting one for home. My question is is it worth paying the extra for the PID version? Has anyone made a direct comparison? Love this site Cheers Dave

Re: Lelit PID

Originally posted by 6C495E4D065F280 link=1323809038/0#0 date=1323809038
    Hi Guys we have a lelitPL042em at work which we are quite pleased with. I am considering getting one for home. My question is is it worth paying the extra for the PID version? Has anyone made a direct comparison? Love this site Cheers Dave
    Hi Dave,

The PID removes any need for a cooling flush and gives you the ability to investigate the influence of temperature on shots if you choose.

My opinion is that a highly competent user could achieve similar results with or without, but the PID does remove the requirement for temperature surfing.

Comment

Hi Dave,

We used a PL042TEMD for a couple of weeks in Milan and were suitably impressed.

The PID version keeps the brew water at the right temperature, allows the user to alter the brew water temperature and keeps the steam strength more consistent (relative to the non pidded version).

So, the PID version is worth getting if you value:
      1. temperature stability and/or
      2. temperature control and/or
      3. more consistent steam strength

As cjn said, you can achieve these things to some degree without a PID but its more work.

charlie

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Ive gone with the standard version and will work on becoming a highly competent user! Cheers Dave

Comment

Working...
        X