Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibiemme Domobar Levetta (Piccolo) - Steam not working

Hi there
    My Domobar Levetta/Piccolo is making nice crema and coffee.

However the steam function is not working? Button lights up, but no steam.

The hot water button and function works normally?

Any ideas of how to resolve this, or what parts might need replacing?

Merry Xmas everyone.

Re: Vibiemme Domobar Levetta (Piccolo) - Steam not working

That depends on how handy you are around opening 240V devices, looking for broken parts, ordering, replacing, etc... Is finding a local repairer an option? There should be some in that big city over the ditch

Comment

Have had the back off plenty of times, fixed water pipe, replaced pump, wiring etc etc, and know my way around electrics.

Does anyone know what to check, i figure it isnt the pump, as she is pumping water and making coffee.

What else impacts on the steam mechanism please? (water flows out normally when the hotwater switch is on)

I have option to purchase parts, but no option for repair until end of Jan.

Comment

cool, you were light on the details so I was cautious in my reply, lest you opened it and broke it!

I believe the piccolo doesnt have a thermostat reset button, in any case I think that would take out the normal heating as well. The element must be ok too for the same reason (unless it has two?). At a wild guess that leaves either the pressurestat or controller - (dont know about this on the VBM).

What does your gauge read when extracting? Should be about 1bar above the group head actual pressure, so you should see about 10+ bar? Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in!

Comment

probably the steam switch, mine did the same thing, the switch was starting to give me tingles and not of the good kind either, the switch fell apart inside eventually the steam stopped working and not long after the power switch failed,  Espresso Company Australia repaired or serviced it, cost me about $270, but it was a full service, new gaskets, new steam and power switch, etc,

all properly adjusted as well so is actually working better since new

Comment

Working...
          X