Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a new EM6910

Hey Guys,
    Ive just bought my 4th Em6910, my last one died from a worn collar and blocked backwash tube due to backwashing the machine.
    can someone please tell me what the correct way is to clean the machine and keep it in perfect condition. after making a coffee i ways purge the group head while rubbing with a cloth, but i think over time that has pushed coffee into the group head, when i took my last machine to brisbanes repair centre they told me NOT to back flush a domestic machine as it will force coffee grinds back down and block the fine piping hence why my pressure gauge no longer works.
    please tell me what i should be doing to maintaine this new one.

thanks

Re: Help with a new EM6910

Originally posted by 746E7F6B721E0 link=1325280492/0#0 date=1325280492
    Ive just bought my 4th Em6910
    Just a question huw long did they last? When you say back flush what do you mean? Just purjing or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by 5C4657435A360 link=1325280492/0#0 date=1325280492
      they told me NOT to back flush a domestic machine
      Hi there. Interesting enough, the guys who gave the barista course when I got my machine told us to always back flush, even if the manual sails once a week or so.

With mine, I have been back flushing as above, and its all working well. Could it be that your grind is a bit too fine? Also as an idea, perhaps get it serviced once a year even if it sounds healthy.

As for the collar getting worn out, you should know that it is replaceable ( for next time perhaps, hopefully not! ). I think I am about to do that myself...

Comment

Originally posted by 0313170351620 link=1325280492/1#1 date=1325280897
        Originally posted by 746E7F6B721E0 link=1325280492/0#0 date=1325280492
        Ive just bought my 4th Em6910
        Just a question huw long did they last? When you say back flush what do you mean? Just purjing or something else.
        Hello there.
        I have had mine 3 1/2 years. Never missed a beat. They respond well to TLC. Except for the group head wearing out issue, but there are ways to deal with that if/when it occurs.

Comment

yeah, my collar is so worm that the group handle would sit at 4 Oclock lol,, it was simpler to buy a new one and get my old one serviced and repaired.... so i have a spare. they are a good machine.

Comment

jpaul - does you new EM6910 have the "newer" style pressure gauge ???

My old 6910 had an even looking gauge with the "preferred" section in the middle of the arc. This new machine has a different looking gauge with the preferred section being a bit skewed to the left ???

Are you using the Sunbeam EM0480 Conical Burr Coffee Grinder.

In terms of cleaning - by biggest mistake with my previous EM6910 was not descaling - in fact - I never did it. It clogged up and started making rancid coffee.

I pulled apart the old EM6910 in an attempt to repair the blockage etc and the gunk I found behind the shower head and in the backflush purge line was horrendous !!!

I think with this new machine I will backflush every couple of days. Remove the shower head and clean in behind it once a week and give it a good descale once per month ???

Comment

can anyone refer me to any youtube vid or how-to pages on puling apart the em6910? i have been given one and think it may be just blocked on the way from pump to shower/group.....

cheers.....

Comment

Google is your friend, do the following search; Snbeam EM6910 service manual

Comment

Working...
                X