Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 day old EM6910

Hi Guys,
    Ive bought a new EM6910, its 1 day old and leaking water, Im going to take it back tomorrow, can i ask is there 2 revisions of the EM6910.
    mine has a rounded steam wand and the pressure gauge colour bits are off to the left, but on the sunbeam website, their em6910 has a steam wand with a square bit on the end, and the pressure dial has the colours bit in the middle of the dial....

sooooo, are there different revisions of the EM6910, am i getting old stock???

Re: 1 day old EM6910

Originally posted by 3F25342039550 link=1325403076/0#0 date=1325403076
    steam wand with a square bit on the end
    Original version (old picture).

The dials have changed over the years.

Comment

You have the new model. Rounded steam tip is so much better.

Where is the water leaking from?

Comment

its leaking in the right corner, it looks like it may be from the water resivuoir like its not pushed in hard enough but Ive tried everything and its still drips from that area

Comment

Shame to hear youre having problems with what is such a solid machine.
          Another possible leak is the discharge hose disconnecting from where it is supposed to drain in to the tray. Not easy to fix without taking the machine to pieces.
          I hope you get better service than I did in Adelaide: I had to wait over a month for the collar to be replaced and I recall having to chase them when it was ready. Terrible service.
          I now do my own service and repairs.

Comment

One day old!, Id be insisting on replacement.

Comment

well its only a day old ill be getting a brand new one as its DOA. lol...

Comment

Got a brand new one no questions asked.

Comment

I must have been lucky, got the same model and have been working it hard since christmas and it has been faultless... touch wood

Comment

This model does vary wildly from machine to machine.
                    Especially when it comes to how noisy the pump is during brewing.

Very glad to hear you had such a good response jpaul.

Comment

I know this is an older thread but I bought a new em 6910 last Friday and leaked about 2 litres of water overnight from the same spot. Looks like the reservoir doesnt seal properly. Rang Sunbeam and swapping it for a new one this Friday, no questions asked. Apart from that it is a very good machine.

Comment

It sounds like it might be a common problem if Sunbeam are happy to replace it with no questions asked..

Comment

Working...
                        X