Expobar water temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar water temperature

I have an Expobar Office Pulsar that I bought in 2006. The water temperature has been gradually dropping to around 150 degrees, as measured at the hot water dispenser. And crema is almost nonexistent. I have read that these machines run hot. How do I make it run hot again? I have an excellent location diagram for the thermostat and pressurestat, and am pretty handy at repairing machines. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Expobar water temperature

I believe this is an HX loop machine.  Which means the temperature is set by boiler pressure.  So as far as I can see you need to up the boiler pressure a tiny bit. 

Id be wondering why it dropped (maybe the spring in the pressurestat is a getting a bit tired).  Im also wondering why it has a thermostat - if it is an HX I cant see how it could use one!

Anyway - if youre seeing 150 (I assume F - heathen units  :) then you only have about 0.25bar pressure in the boiler (so steam will be not very impressive).  To get to 100C you need basically 1bar.  Adjustments on most pressurestats are a bit twitchy though (in my limited experience).  Id be wanting a pressure gauge so I knew I wasnt making a bomb in the kitchen when adjusting...  You can do a cheapie with a piece of 8mm fuel hose on the steam wand and a pressure gauge.  Wont be 100% accurate, but should give an indication.

Most of the machines Ive had have been about 1.1 to 1.25 bar.

Hope this is of some help.

/Kevin

Comment

Thanks Kevin. I havent taken off the covers so dont know if the schematic I have is the same for my machine and if it has a thermostat. The wand /pressure gauge is a good idea. I agree that the English system is antiquated, especially since we dumped the King. AU kicked out the Queen? I didnt know.

Comment

Also, have you done a descale recently? If. Of there could be lots of ware scale in the HX loop insulating the brew water from the temp in the boiler.
        Also, doesnt the office have a boiler pressure gauge on it?

Comment

Working...
        X