Via Vanezia Tamper Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Via Vanezia Tamper Size

Hey guys, been engrossed in reading this forum for a few months now and realize mistakes and learnt so many new things about coffee!
    I wish Id at least purchased a Silvia but this mistake I can live with for a while until its time for my next machine.

What Im after is a perfect fitting tamper to my via vanezia modded to non pressurised portafilter. I have a 52mm that is to small and rather then keep buying them till I get it right, I came up with the solution of asking someone that may already know!

So Im searching for the best fit tamper size so I can get a Pullman or a Reg Barber tamper to suit the machine.

Thanks for the help,
    Patric

Re: Via Vanezia Tamper Size

Hi Patric,

Welcome to CS!

The little VV will do an ok job for you when you get the tamper fitted properly now that youve depressurised the group handle. I think they are about 53mm, but the best thing to do is to send Greg Pullman your basked and theyll make you one that fits exactly. I dont think theres any extra cost involved other than your shipping (and your being without a working machine for a week or so!)

good luck,

sd

Comment

Re: Via Vanezia Tamper Size

Originally posted by 4E505256584459585E563D0 link=1326222832/1#1 date=1326234807
      the best thing to do is to send Greg Pullman your basked and theyll make you one that fits exactly.  I dont think theres any extra cost involved other than your shipping (and your being without a working machine for a week or so!)
      Correct, custom sizing is included with the cost of all our tampers. If youre getting a Nexus there is a discount on a 58mm flat base but that obviously doesnt apply here. Weve done a number of Via Venezia tampers before so we could go from our historical specs for making your tamper, but for best fit its always best to send your basket in.

Greg

Comment

I've been trying to find a 53mm tamper for my VV for a couple of weeks now without success. I was reduced to buying a cheap aluminium 51mm from a household goods shop. Most unsatisfactory.

This morning I was buying beans at the Gigante factory outlet in Dingley here in Melbourne (it's in the business park in boundary Rd, opposite Moorabbin airport. Took me a while to find it). They had a small accessories display and in amongst them was a small stack of 53mm tampers for about $60 each. I'm sure they must be Chinese made but they are chrome handled with a good heavy feel. Separate handle and base with one plastic spacer. They had a VV onsite and we tested the fit in the basket. It looks like it fits perfectly but I haven't tried it at home on my own VV yet. I'll post an update when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by tayal01 View Post
          I've been trying to find a 53mm tamper for my VV for a couple of weeks now without success. I was reduced to buying a cheap aluminium 51mm from a household goods shop. Most unsatisfactory.

This morning I was buying beans at the Gigante factory outlet in Dingley here in Melbourne (it's in the business park in boundary Rd, opposite Moorabbin airport. Took me a while to find it). They had a small accessories display and in amongst them was a small stack of 53mm tampers for about $60 each. I'm sure they must be Chinese made but they are chrome handled with a good heavy feel. Separate handle and base with one plastic spacer. They had a VV onsite and we tested the fit in the basket. It looks like it fits perfectly but I haven't tried it at home on my own VV yet. I'll post an update when I do.
          Yep. Fits perfectly.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gigante_tamper_53mm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	334.5 KB
ID:	737508 Click image for larger version

Name:	gigante_tamper_53mm_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	737507