Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isomac Zaffiro high brew pressure

Hey guys,

Im a new owner of an Isomac Zaffiro, which has been brewing beautiful looking shots, although the taste still isnt spot on. I know there are a lot of factors which I have generally taken into account already, but was wondering if a high brew pressure would contribute to the problem? My machines OPV has been set to 11-12 (which it shows during backwash) and I have read that Isomac machines have their factory defaults set this way. I have also found that my well timed shots (although looking lovely) are coming out a little bitter, but when I loosen the tamp/grind I get very fine misting/squirting from my naked portafilter, could this be due to the high brew pressure also?
    Would lowering the pressure to 9-10 be worth a go?

Thanks so much,
    L Pedini

Re: Isomac Zaffiro high brew pressure

Absolutely, between 9 and 10 bar is where you want to be. OPVs are set too high as a general rule on many E61 machines. This will help your channeling issue for sure.

Comment

Has the machine been Scaced? Brew water temperature is worth checking if the shot looks OK but tastes bitter.

charlie

Comment

Cheers rick! Just changed it back down to about 9.5
        Waiting on the machine to heat up a little. Fingers crossed

Comment

The machine hasnt been scaced - yet. Ill see if the lower brew pressure helps out and then I will move on from there. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

The Zaffiro is a single boiler isnt it? I believe Italian spec is closer to 11-12bar so i dont think that will make the coffee bad, but its worth looking into. The OPV could be playing up which could make the pressure anything, especially if its second hand.

Have you considered the temp? If its hot, That could lead to a bitter flavour as well.

Comment

Working...
            X